Diving Around Barcelona?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
Might be in Barcelona in early September later this year. Wondering what, if any, diving opportunities exist. Could do limited (train) travel if needed to reach better sites. Any advice on diving in or around Barcelona, or even Spain for that matter, would be greatly appreciated!

Rainer:
Might be in Barcelona in early September later this year. Wondering what, if any, diving opportunities exist. Could do limited (train) travel if needed to reach better sites. Any advice on diving in or around Barcelona, or even Spain for that matter, would be greatly appreciated!

i went to salou last year which isn't that far from barcelona and i couldn't find any dive shops or opportunities to dive. had to make do with snorkling for the week!!

there are a few dive centre in Barcelona (the best idea use google). But you also get a cheap flight to the Canary Islands and dive here.
Thomas

I live in Barcelona and dive regularly on the costa brava. There's a few places to do some okay shore diving, which is what I usually do.

My favourite places are near Cadaques, a bit more of a trek from the city, but a lovely area. You'd need a car, though.

Lots and lots of dive centres all the way up the coast. For train access, I'd probably got to San Feliu de Guixols. Or by bus to L'Estartit. Lots and lots of dive centres in the latters - google probably will help.

vanasdive.com do trips from barcelona too.

ill be in barcelona a lot next year so i am very intersted in this thread. Just tagging along.

Well, it's official, we'll be in Barcelona the second week in September. So, if anyone has further suggestions on diving there (we won't have time to leave the city), please post. Would appreciate websites in English, as my Spanish is non-existent.

Also, thoughts on water temps that time of year? And I'm assuming my DIN regs won't be a problem? Anything else to consider when diving in Spain vs. the US? Thanks!

I feel to have taken in answering (sorry, my English is not good).
the first difference is in the system , here metric.
DIN reg?, no problem in Spain!!!!
Water temperature, 18-22º celsius (september)
surely obligatory

If you want more info, ask me!!

Un saludo, regard's

Xavier

Thanks, Xavier. As we look through the various websites, I'm sure we'll have more questions. I'll PM you in a few weeks as our plans become more solid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom