diving after hip replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had to have a hip replacement and if so have you gone back to diving afterword. I cut my season short this year because of the pain and in ability in getting my fins on and off. I want to know if any one has had it done and if there were any linitations to diving after.

My wife is not a diver, but she has had two hip replacements. She is now fully back into the swing of things. There is no question in my mind that she could dive without limitations if she wanted to.

How soon after the surgery you can dive depends very much on which method is used for the surgery. My wife had the first hip done with the traditional approach, and she had her second hip done with a minimally invasice anterior approach. The difference was enormous. She was a at full strength after the minimally invasive approach in absolutely no time at all.

Back
Top Bottom