Diving after flying v2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyerDiver

Reaction score
Putting the 12/24hr no flying after diving rule aside.

Should I be concerned about flying after diving in the following situation...

I dive for 1 hour at depths ranging from 30 to 50ft, wait 2 hours and then get in a single engine plane and fly at an Altitude of no more then 4,000ft for 20minutes?

Thanks,

- D

flyerDiver once bubbled...
Putting the 12/24hr no flying after diving rule aside.

Should I be concerned about flying after diving in the following situation...

I dive for 1 hour at depths ranging from 30 to 50ft, wait 2 hours and then get in a single engine plane and fly at an Altitude of no more then 4,000ft for 20minutes?

Thanks,

- D

If we reference the NOAA Diving Manual No-Deco Air Diving Table in Appendix III-1, we find that you come out of the water on your dive as an "H" diver. Your surface interval then takes you to an "E" category. If we then reference the Surface Interval Required Before Ascent to Altitude Table 4.3 on page 4-28 we find that by NOAA's reckoning, you are good to go for your proposed flight plan.:wink:

Dear flyerDiver:

During that short interval, I would be quite certain that I do not lift, climb or otherwise physically exert myself too strenuously. You could nucleate yourself. Such nucleation is not considered in tables and they were not devised with this in mind.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Please note the next class in Decompression Physiology :grad:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

Back
Top Bottom