Diving ABC islands on cruise stops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaschne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am cruising in late Nov with Holland America and will be doing those ports, wanted to set up independent dives(not with ship) looking at Ocean Encounters on Curacao, trying to contact Buddy Dives in Bonaire ( no reply to date) and havent started researching Aruba yet.Any feedback or suggestions for ops for a 2 tank dive day in those ports? thanks

In Bonaire you might want to contact Dive Friends as they are closer to the piers than Buddy Dive.

I sent a message to Dive Friends, do you know which shop is closest to the cruise pier? Also, it looks like dive shops require a check out dive, but with the tight timeframe after docking to get to the eive shop to catch the am boat I dont know if this is possible, so I will wait and see what they say. thanks for the info

For Curacao you can also check the Dive Bus website:
The Dive Bus - Cruise Ship Passengers

I would second using the Dive Bus. We were on a Holland America cruise and set up diving with them independently and they were great. If you email them, Suzy will get back to you fairly quick. The only thing you need is to catch a cab to Pierbaai Beach where their shop is.

on Bonaire you may HAVE to go through the cruise ship. that may have changed tho.

I am cruising in late Nov with Holland America and will be doing those ports, wanted to set up independent dives(not with ship) looking at Ocean Encounters on Curacao, trying to contact Buddy Dives in Bonaire ( no reply to date) and havent started researching Aruba yet.Any feedback or suggestions for ops for a 2 tank dive day in those ports? thanks

Hey there Scubaschne!
Ocean Encounters will really look after you... no doubt! We will pick you up at the Mega Pier, transfer you over to our main facility beside the Sea Aquarium/Lion's Dive Resort where you would make some awesome shore dives!!

If you like and depending on the time the ship moors in, you might be able to schedule some boats as well.

Please contact Zyta or Annet in our reservations department. Their email address is reservations@oceanencounters.com

If you require any more information or if you have any additional questions about Curacao, feel free to contact me directly. More than happy to help.

Best regards,
Bryan

I met up with some divers from a cruise last year. There were 8 in the group and they went to Cas Abou for a morning dive, I joined them and 2 of them followed me to Westpunt where we enjoyed exploring Alice In Wonderland for over an hour. They had time to go back, pick up their beach loving companions and even had time to see the floating bridge etc. before having to be back on board. If you rent a car/or get a group together the nondivers might enjoy seeing one of the National Parks or going on a beach tour while you go on 2 shore dives. In the East divers can go along the wall at Director's Bay and join the others at the Tug boat, see the wonderfully wacky folks at the Dive Bus or contact them ahead and either drive with them or meet them at the dive site Du jour. I'm more familiar with the west end sites and can suggest Habitat, Porto Marie, Cas Abou, Lagun and of course here in Westpunt for divers and mixed groups. I wouldn't suggest squeezing in renting a car, traveling to different sites, 2 dives, lunch, relaxing, returning rental and seeing some of the town if this other group hadn't done it so easily. Maybe they will see this and post. If you decide to go with an intown op that can pick you up at the boat in time for the 2 tank boat, you'll still have hours to walk around the town near the ship. The Slave Museum is at the Kura Hulanda Hotel, quite near where the Holland America docks. The floating bridge and market are within sight of the ship and the Maritime museum and synagogue are just a short walk away. Enjoy your cruise.

For Aruba, contact Unique Sports of Aruba - Aruba - Unique Sports of Aruba - P.A.D.I. Training Facility.

They have cruise ship people all of the time. The van will pick you up at the cruise ship terminal and take you back.

I have dove with them for many years and the staff is top notch. Even though they have a big boat, they keep the ratios small by using multiple divemasters/instructors per trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom