Divi Flamingo Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gil

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone been here lately? Are they done with the renovations? What are the deluxe rooms like? Dive operation?
Thanks

My wife and I stayed at the Divi last year. My wife appreciates nice hotels but can deal with anything and I am a "I don't give a rat's ass, let's dive kind of guy"

The LDS didn't have really anything nice to say about the Divi so I was very nervous about the whole thing.

Now I have never stayed at any other hotel in Bonaire but I must say I liked the Divi. It's restaraunt was the best on the island. The diving was fantastic- and that was right off the dock. You can walk into town from the Divi.

I really enjoyed it. The Divi doesn't have the fancy walls and brick work that some of the other hotels have but.....

The A/C worked.

The pool was clean.

The restaraunt was excellent.

The staff was very nice.

Again, I don't care too much about hotel rooms. But the Divi was not a disappointment and in fact I was quite pleased with the place.

If I went back to Bonaire-which I'll do someday- I'll probably stay at the Divi again.

No need to worry about he dive operations and "what time does the boat leave" and all that stuff.

In Bonaire, the best way to dive is from your CAR-What could be more American???!!!!

Boat dives are $55.00 a shot. This is what to do to see Bonaire.

1. Rent a truck
2. Sign up for unlimited tank access from the dive shop
3. Get a map
4. Drive to the well marked dive spots on the island and shore dive till you can't stand it!!!!!!!!

Of course if you want to see Klein Bonaire you'll have to take the dive boat and I recommend doing this once or twice. But the beauty of diving in Bonaire is the freedom and ease of the shore diving.

It's fantastic.

Hi Gil and welcome to the board.

Try asking your Bonaire questions on this board http://www.BonaireTalk.com/newsgroup//messages/board-topics.html

There is a great bunch of people on it and anything you want to know about Bonaire can be found there. Also, do a search on it and you can find a lot of similar questions have been ask about Divi.

Buff, if you got hit for $55 you got ripped, Buddy Dive is 6 for $100 or $20 each.

Wow!
A 2 tank boat dive for $20.00?? Or just $16.00 bucks a piece if you get 10?? You can't make money on that if you're a dive operator. I would find that hard to believe. It took us 15 minutes just to get to our dive spot on Klein Bonaire. We had a total of 7 people in the boat-including DM and captain.

HHHMMM....I'm skeptical.

I just had a group of 35 there in late February. No complaints from the group about rooms, facilities or the dive operation. Most of the group opted for the ocean front rooms which were very nice. Everything worked, rooms were cleaned well and were nicely furnished. Our package included breakfast which we found to be very handy. It wasn't anything special (buffet style, eggs to order, many selections, etc.) but works great if you're not an early riser but still want to get in the morning boat dives.

Dive operation was professional, boats were in good shape and the dive masters very (very) easy to work with. Let us choose our sites, and if we didn't have specifics were good at making the selection for us. Our package included 2 tank boat dives and unlimited shore diving. Worked out very well. Many positive comments on the shore diving right out front of the resort.

Lots of good restaurants within easy walking distance from the resort. All types, prices and selections.

I'd agree with the comment about the Bonaire site and make sure you check out the Bonaire reefcams...i was going there several times a day for weeks before we departed....

The $100/6 or $20/dive was for single tank dives so we are not compairing apples to apples but still that's $40 for 2 dives(or tanks if you prefer)so it's still a better deal. Still, I don't do many boat dives, there are just too many great places to shore dive and I love not having to keep anyone's schedule except my own.

We were there last April, it looked like they have fixed up quite a bit of the Divi, ( the times shares were not fixed up) the bar, the rooms and the pool all looked great. The dive op isnt what it used to be - but then it was still okay. After the hurricane a couple of years ago the shallow diving inside of 25ft. is trashed. The north side of Klien Bonaire is completely trashed, areas like Jerrys Jam has only rubble, no coral left standing - that is really really bad.
The vis was down to max of 60 in deep and to 30 in the shallows. We also noticed ( how could you not!) that cruise ships are now visiting, this brings alot of POD people not to our liking. The shore diving is still great, I havent been to or heard of a place with that kind of shore diving ease.
Got ques.?
e-mail me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom