Diveshow.com is running

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok so I see your idea and you are trying to get things as Buddy List, Add your Dive Shop and and your link.

Well, you are going a hard path there.

Why?
Well unless you are willing to put at least 6 hours per day in your website adding links, let say manually you can add 25 links per hour with full information (etc...)... well a full link directory is not worthit if it doesn't has TONS of Links.

I see your websites are in HTML...
well, if you want to do dinamic systems and integrate your users, you need something a little bit better. Like this forum for example: runs in php and may be with a mysql database.
Once you get people interested, people return, please read, you get more clicks and one day you can get may be some $$$ .

Also your websites is done with FRAMES.
Ok, news for you: GOOGLE and search engines HATE frames. So now a good idea.
I know is practical, but at the end of the day if you want to be spider by the search egnines, frames are going to give you problems.

DiveShow... logo :
Mmm... check out some of my logos at Diversclick.com or Topdivemaster.com - they have to be different. Don't make a typical red and white diving logo like the diving flag. Give me something that I will remember .... something new.

But your idea is good. Dive Shows... hey a=I never though of that options (and I have over 9 diving websites...).

Remember: building the traffic to a website is difficult, is hard work and only dive sites that you but everything into at the end seem to work.

Hope you don't get this advice the wrong way, I Just send you an email to give you a hand to boost your traffic

Take Care....

diversjobs:
Ok so I see your idea and you are trying to get things as Buddy List, Add your Dive Shop and and your link.

Well, you are going a hard path there.

Why?
Well unless you are willing to put at least 6 hours per day in your website adding links, let say manually you can add 25 links per hour with full information (etc...)... well a full link directory is not worthit if it doesn't has TONS of Links.

I see your websites are in HTML...
well, if you want to do dinamic systems and integrate your users, you need something a little bit better. Like this forum for example: runs in php and may be with a mysql database.
Once you get people interested, people return, please read, you get more clicks and one day you can get may be some $$$ .

Also your websites is done with FRAMES.
Ok, news for you: GOOGLE and search engines HATE frames. So now a good idea.
I know is practical, but at the end of the day if you want to be spider by the search egnines, frames are going to give you problems.

DiveShow... logo :
Mmm... check out some of my logos at Diversclick.com or Topdivemaster.com - they have to be different. Don't make a typical red and white diving logo like the diving flag. Give me something that I will remember .... something new.

But your idea is good. Dive Shows... hey a=I never though of that options (and I have over 9 diving websites...).

Remember: building the traffic to a website is difficult, is hard work and only dive sites that you but everything into at the end seem to work.

Hope you don't get this advice the wrong way, I Just send you an email to give you a hand to boost your traffic

Take Care....

Great info its the same design I had years ago. Probably 5 or 6 now. The difference is its not using HTML as its nearly totally automated. Most of the site is actually PHP. Which as you know returns HTML to the end user.

You hit the nail on the head with my first attempt where I did everything manually and you are right it took a lot of time. So I spent 2 days learning PHP and MySQL. It should make a world of difference.

I will check them out this is great info and I will look to eliminate the frames with something else.

I am not an artist at all and thats really the best I could do with an MS Word RIP for the logo.

Thanks. Any more info is greatly appreciated.

If you want to make your life easier... for you try to use a Content Managment System. PHP Nuke, Mambo, Xoops, etc...

Good luck....

NetDoc:
Well, there is always www.DEMABoard.com. I wonder who runs that one! :D

Good luck with the site. (I actually liked the logo).

diversjobs:
If you want to make your life easier... for you try to use a Content Managment System. PHP Nuke, Mambo, Xoops, etc...

Good luck....

Thanks for the tips.

There needs to be some good video training for PHP Nuke. Its very popular and I did consider it but found I could actually write the stuff pretty easily that I wanted to do. I still mess around with it and will take another look at it again.

Mambo and Xoops seemed like PHP Nuke lite to me. That may not be the case but I felt PHP nuke was way ahead of these.

You want to make some good coin produce a PHP nuke video tutorial. I havent seen one yet.

Back
Top Bottom