DiversDiscountFlorida, opinions please :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xozzx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a couple of Bare Elastek 5mm wetsuits (for me and GF) and seems almost impossible to get them outside of US, however after reading many positive reports on them I am set on buying these ones.

By far the cheapest place I have found is Divers Discount Florida Has anyone had experience buying from them before? I have tried a few searches but not come up with much, I see they are actually registered on here too.

So please share any experiences with them, their closeout deals seem a bit too cheap ;-)

Maybe 10 years ago I purchased a 3mm wetsuit from them. I found them online, but went there in person.

Back then, it was one of the few scuba discounters that was an authorized dealer for the brand I purchased, and i was planning to be in the area anyway, so it worked out great.

Thanks Angry turtle. The prices are very good but the website could use alot of work! Im not sure I can even place the order! Whenever I press estimate shipping cost it just sticks on loading screen, then refreshes back to order page...

Please keep posting experiences with them, I would like to order from them but always like to research online shops before ordering.

I have had a few email exchanges with them now and they seem legit, have placed the order (I discovered the problem I had earlier was that my post code was not recognised. The error message was not very clear and I missed it) Their closeouts deals seem too good to miss, I will update once I receive the goods so anyone who comes across this thread will know how I got on.

The store is legimate as well as their discounts and merchandise. I had been in the store to check it out when we first moved here a few months ago. Wanted to purchase a wetsuit for the warmer water (I came from Calif) and a couple of small items.

I however did not purchase anything from them because I am absolutely passionate about customer service and how you treat your customers. We both felt he was quite rude and abrupt to us in general conversation and also asking questions about the shift to living on the west coast and diving here so we ultimately just left. He made us feel like we were interrupting him and a bother.

But yes he did have some sweet closeout prices!

I may be mistaken but some years back I stopped at a store in florida city while heading to the keys.
They had some of the last PST 100 tanks at a good price and I had been looking so I picked one up at
that store I believe on the way back up. You don't hear of them as often as say the divers direct although
at one time someone thought they were affiliated. Not sure if I'm remembering exactly but it was a store on the
right side in florida city heading south toward the keys.

CaliDenna, I also did not end up buying the suits for similar reasons as you describe. I placed the order and was sent details on how to pay, I was paying by international money transfer. However my bank did not recognise the routing number and after a few searches on various sites it did not seem to exist. When I contacted them I found their replies also rude and abrupt, I appeared to be a great inconvenience to them. As they were not willing to help me or offer an alternative payment method I was unable to make the payment and the order was cancelled. I will be looking elsewhere now.

Bare wetsuits are now under the Heuish Outdoor umbrella of companys.
The dealerships currently authorized to sell these brands may be in flux.
I strongly recomend an email or phone call to Bare for a list of their authorized dealers.
Any discounted prices you find on the internet should send up a red caution flag. Ex-dealers are pretty much limited to selling their old stock and cannot reorder.
PM me if you need help.

I am so sorry that you could not get your wetsuits! That must have been very frustrating especially when dealing from overseas. It's one dive shop I'm surprised is even still in business with all the competition around. Have sent you a PM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom