Divers Supply in Florida City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dunno for sure, but when I was down there last year I noticed two bigger dive shops pretty close to each other, with very similar names.

you're thinking about Florida City. That's where the two had stores close to each other. not key largo.

Divers Direct in Florida City closed a year or so ago.
It appears that Dives Supply in Florida City is now closed also.

as steve said, there are still Divers Direct stores in Key Largo and Key West.

you're thinking about Florida City. That's where the two had stores close to each other. not key largo.

Divers Direct in Florida City closed a year or so ago.
It appears that Dives Supply in Florida City is now closed also.

as steve said, there are still Divers Direct stores in Key Largo and Key West.

Are you sure about divers supply because I did not think they were closed. Nevertheless I will be driving past there Thursday and will check it out

Are you sure about divers supply because I did not think they were closed. Nevertheless I will be driving past there Thursday and will check it out

it's not on the list of their open stores on their website. see links diversteve posted above. So it seems closed.

Since you're going by there Thursday, please post and we'll know 100%.

From the rumor I heard last year, Divers Supply was going to close about the same time that Divers Direct was. Divers Supply was in the process of working on what/how to close. there just wasn't enough sales being generated and having to share sales with a competing store that was next door.

Then they saw the "going out of business sale" sign at Divers Direct and decided if they picked up their local traffic that they might be able to stay open.

I guess with the declining economy, which has hit the scuba industry hard, it just wasn't possible.

I was really suprised that the Divers Direct on Orlando closed. That was a big store and seemed to have traffic everytime I went in.

Back
Top Bottom