Divers Supply in Florida City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dk2943

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Had not had the opportunity to go to the Keys for a while, but today, decided to take the wife for a drive down. She wanted to stop at Dunkin Donuts, so I walked across the street to Divers Supply and THEY WERE CLOSED! Any one know what happened? That strip used to be a diver's mecca and now it all is gone.

Which one - the one at the top, the one in Key Largo, or the one in Key West? I think there were/are 3? I am headed to the Keys tomorrow and was going to get a wetsuit in Key Largo, at the one next to the Holiday Inn ands across the street from Sea Dwellers -

If you get as far west as Big Pine Key...stop by Underseas,Inc. on the left across from Big Pine Storage..It's their 40th yr. anniversary sale. And wetsuits are real cheap now, (since the water temp here is 86)...they've got some new and lots of newly used..both short and full..mostly 3ml.
The new suits can be ordered by phone...we'd rather you pick out the used.
Sorry, Divers Supply isn't down here anymore.

Which one - the one at the top, the one in Key Largo, or the one in Key West? I think there were/are 3? I am headed to the Keys tomorrow and was going to get a wetsuit in Key Largo, at the one next to the Holiday Inn ands across the street from Sea Dwellers -

I think you're cofusing Divers Supply with Divers Direct.

Their stores were right next to each other in Florida City.

Divers Direct has/had a store in Florida City, Key Largo and Key West.
Divers Supply only had a store in Florida City in the keys (plus other non Keys locations)

Divers Direct closed their Florida City Store sometime I think last year. (there were some threads about it here on SB.

Sorry, Divers Supply isn't down here anymore.

when did Divers Supply close?

I heard rumors of it closing about the same time that Divers Direct in Florida city closed, but that they decided to stay open after the Divers Direct closed.

You are thinking of Diver's Direct. The original post is about Diver's Supply. The Divers Direct in Key Largo is still open. The one in Florida City is closed and has been reopened as a bait and tackle store.

My fault, I was thinking of divers direct, not divers supply

Yes, there were two big stores in Florida City. Divers Direct and Divers Supply. Divers Direct closed down a while ago. I had no idea that Divers Supply closed. Both locations are currently empty, and both have stores in Key Largo.

Yes, there were two big stores in Florida City. Divers Direct and Divers Supply. Divers Direct closed down a while ago. I had no idea that Divers Supply closed. Both locations are currently empty, and both have stores in Key Largo.

Since when do both have stores in Key Largo?

as far as I know Divers Supply has never had a store in Key Largo.

someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Since when do both have stores in Key Largo?

as far as I know Divers Supply has never had a store in Key Largo.

someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Dunno for sure, but when I was down there last year I noticed two bigger dive shops pretty close to each other, with very similar names.

There's no Divers Supply store in the Keys. There's two Divers Direct stores - one in Key Largo, the other in Key West. I thought I died and went to Scuba heaven when I walked into the Divers Direct store in Ft. Lauderdale (in Dania off I-95)

DIVERS SUPPLY LOCATIONS
Divers Direct locations

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom