Diver's body recovered - North Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Diver drowned off North Vancouver park - North Shore News
A scuba diver has died in the water off Deep Cove’s Strathcona Lookout Park, North Vancouver RCMP say.

According to police, the man and his partner were diving in Indian Arm around 4:30 p.m. Sunday when he failed to surface.

“His partner contacted 911. The Coast Guard and [Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue] searched last night until around 7 p.m. and did not locate the diver,” said Sgt. Peter DeVries, North Vancouver RCMP spokesman. “Our underwater recovery team was out there this morning to recommence the search and they located the body of the diver.”

Because there is no foul play in the death, it is now on the BC Coroners Service to investigate the exact cause.

DeVries could not say how experienced the diver was. Because the victim’s next of kin may not yet have been notified, DeVries said police could not release their age or hometown.

I wonder what the viz is like. He had a dive bud but they seperated.

Viz was probably quite low at this time of year....at least in the upper layers.
I was at Whytecliff last weekend and again Friday and Saturday. The viz is maybe a cloudy 12" above 30'.

Hi Vanc divers, just a word about this dive site.

I dive there only a couple of times per year, and even then only with my DPV.

You have to check the current tables before you plan a dive there as it can get super strong and remain that way, until it gets even worse.

Please don’t dive this site unless you have thought of and made a contingency plan for everything. It’s very bad vis, a long swim, boats and kayaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom