• Yes, I have a Master's level degree

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Yes, I have a Doctorate

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Yes, I have an Associate degree

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Mudman, I went to college while working a career (40-70 hrs Week) and didn’t have time to waste on drinking.

As far as the poll goes, do you only want highest degree attained or should we vote for all the degrees we hold?

Edit: I guess we can only vote once!

i don't have a degree yet, but I plan to get one......

Sorry - I went to University in the UK where they don't really have Associates degrees so I just overlooked it. Maybe some kindly mod can amend the poll?

I thought that a Limey high school deploma was the equivilant to a Yank Associates Degree?

You go Atomic Diver, your on the right track.

When I worked on a liveaboard in Mexico, I used to tell folks that I was the lowest paid M.B.A. & Environmental Scientist on the planet, but look around at my office space and the view! :D

I attended college, because in my community, that is what women with intelligence, reasoning skills, and mechanical aptitude were encouraged to do. I wish I had entered the trades right after high school. I'm currently trying to secure an electrician's apprenticeship. I'm 33, and I've reached so many goals I've set my mind to, so I know I'll reach this one as well. It would have been better if I had identified this as an option earlier, but, we live and learn.

I thought that a Limey high school deploma was the equivilant to a Yank Associates Degree?

I have never heard that, although I have heard that if you finish your secondary education in the UK you can use your A-Levels (the last set of exams you sit in British 'high school') you can get course credit for those in a US university and skip much of your first year (which makes some sense - US degrees are 4 year courses, British degrees are 3 year courses).

Personally, after having attended two of the better British Universities, I don't have much time for them. I intend to strongly encourage my kids to go to University in the US.

. . . seems almost like one must have a degree to have the $$$$ for this freaking expensive sport!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom