DiveRite RG1208

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tai Mo Shan

Reaction score
I am trying to get some feed back on the new DiveRite RG1208 1st stage and RG2010 & RG1215 2nds with regard to tec diving.
It looks like Apeks wins the public debate but does anyone have any hands on experience under tec conditions of the DiveRite regs.
Comments both good and bad welcomed.

TMS

The DR regs breathe really well, are easy to disassemble, and cheap to repair.

My DR regs breathe as well as my Mk25/S600s and are a heck of a lot cheaper.

Peter Doege

I am about to get the same set. Have heard tons of good things bout them... I am going with the RG1210 as my backup instead of the RG1215 because the 1210 is adjustable and not much more $. The 1210 is $125 at www.diveriteexpress.com. My Instructor highly recommends this setup and he sells anything that I would want. He told me that the dive rite's are as good as the Apeks and that Apeks get more reviews 'cause of the WKPP crowd. And for the price can't beat the DiveRite's IMHO

I have a DR 2500 system (1208-2010) with a 7ft ft hose that I use as my primary reg. I think it breathes great. Definitely better than my mk18/g250. If you are going to dive in water under 50F get the ICE option. In the quarry earlier this year (water 43-47F) it was borderline free flowing. I didn't get a full on frozen 1st, but it seemed to be damn close. I had to adjust the breathing resistance. If possible I will add it my reg on its next annual service.

Tai Mo Shan:
I am trying to get some feed back on the new DiveRite RG1208 1st stage and RG2010 & RG1215 2nds with regard to tec diving.
It looks like Apeks wins the public debate but does anyone have any hands on experience under tec conditions of the DiveRite regs.

TMS

It has a good warranty and did very well on the US NAVY test. Price cant be beat. If you can go to an actual shop they can give you 10% off and ask for the RG2100 package it includes a 1st, 2nd, octo, and guage for about $540.

Tai Mo Shan:

TMS

Got the older style DR 1st stage on my long hose balanced 2nd stage, and the newer DR 1st stage on my unbalanced short hose. I have never used my short hose 2nd at low tank pressures at depth, but I have done just about everything else with these regs, and I have never once had even the slightest issue.

With that small disclaimer added, I reccomend these regs very highly.

I am currently interested in DR reg. myself but don't know anyone using it here in my market........................and DR dealers here don't normally carry the.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom