Diverite 5.5" Bands??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackfrogfeet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, I need some input to see if I'm totally crazy or really having an issue.

I have a set of Faber LP50s I am trying to twin up with Diverite 5.5in bands. I'm am installing them the way I have been showed which is to slowly thread the cross bar into the valves to the right distance 8.5" and then slide the bands on, tightening the bands and adjusting the crossbar as necessary to make sure everything is lined up. The thing is I cannot get anything lined up. I have my manifold screwed down as narrow as it can get (8 1/4" centre to centre), but the bands won't line up. The centre to centre spacing on the bands seems to be almost 1/2" too narrow to accommodate a standard manifold. When I try to tighten the bands I can see the cylinders start to come into each other and that I risk bending the cross bar. I have tried this with 2 separate 8.5" manifolds and none of them work. I even accidentally bent the crossbar on one of them while tightening the bands. Again, that manifold was screwed as tight as it would get (8 3/8") and it was still too wide for the bands that are supposed to be meant for 8.5" spacing. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

I've contacted Diverite and they pretty much said the bands are good to go so I must be doing something wrong.

Yeah.... I got that. Assembling the cylinders wasn't the problem. Diverite actually just got back to me and measured their bands and said they aren't actually good for 8.5" CtoC. Guess I'm not crazy.
I was gonna say, the center spacing is not right. Glad they admitted that

You have an option

full.jpg

DGX Premium Doubles Bands Set w/Bolts for 5.5-Inch Cyl

190mm manifold from blue steel might be what you need.

As said above you need a 190mm manifold for those bands. Or given you bent the cross over you might be able to find another cross over. Thermo made some short non-isolating cross overs but they are very hard to find. At one point https://www.techdivinglimited.com/default.asp had the remaining stock. That was probably 8 years ago.

If you go with new bands to get the 215 mm spacing and want a replacement isolating crossover send me a PM I have one (it was swapped out for a short non-isolating cross over as I too have 190 mm bands for 5.5" cylinders).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom