DiverDiscount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattymatt

Registered
Reaction score
Diverdiscount.com claims that "We are authorized dealers for all the products we sell, and ALL products ordered come with a full manufacturer's warranty." However, I recall reading in another post that Zeagle does not authorize the sale of their equipment online and therefore there would be no warranty unless bought from an authorized LDS.

Anyone know the deal?

Zeagle's policy has just changed (my LDS told be its becuase of me, i pushed it over)

Zeagle told its dealers no online sells. however if a client calls Zeagle they say its ok. My LDS called zeagle and talked to them about this. The explained i have a price from a online site that is listed as a dealer on Zeagle's web page. Zeagle admitted about this dual policy and said they are now changing the policy to allow online sells from dealers.

If you go to the Zeagle web page (http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=dealer&src=gendocs&link=findadealer&category=Main) and the site you are buying from is on this list then you have a Warranty. If it's not there they are not a dealer and therefore no Warranty.

example......scubatoys.com is in Dallas texas and ships Zeagle products. If you look on that page you find:
2-DIVE-4 (SCUBA TOYS)
11441 N. STEMMONS, #145
DALLAS, TX 75229
USA
Map

Phone: 972 406 2996
Fax: 972 406 2996

Category: Authorized Dealer

You will not find leisurepro on the list....therefore they are noty a dealer and no Warranty

also i can't find any Zeagle products on http://www.diverdiscount.com

firedogut:
You will not find leisurepro on the list....therefore they are noty a dealer and no Warranty

yet...

My guess is that LP will look into it...Better to have the manufacturer behind you, if possible.

firedogut:
Zeagle's policy has just changed (my LDS told be its becuase of me, i pushed it over)

Zeagle told its dealers no online sells. however if a client calls Zeagle they say its ok. My LDS called zeagle and talked to them about this. The explained i have a price from a online site that is listed as a dealer on Zeagle's web page. Zeagle admitted about this dual policy and said they are now changing the policy to allow online sells from dealers.

If you go to the Zeagle web page (http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=dealer&src=gendocs&link=findadealer&category=Main) and the site you are buying from is on this list then you have a Warranty. If it's not there they are not a dealer and therefore no Warranty.

example......scubatoys.com is in Dallas texas and ships Zeagle products. If you look on that page you find:

also i can't find any Zeagle products on http://www.diverdiscount.com

Wrong one.. go www.divers-discount.com

DIVERS DISCOUNT
923 S.E. 20TH STREET
FT. LAUDERDALE, FL 33316
Map

Phone: 954-523-8354
Fax: 954-523-8354

Category: Authorized Dealer

from the zeagle website

It may have changed, but I ordered 2 Zeagle BCs from www.diversdiscount.com. Notice it is "Divers", not "Diver".

I called Zeagle because they were not listed (they are in CA). Zeagle was *very* helpful. They indicated that their online list of dealers was not 100% up to date, and that, yes, DiversDiscount was an authorized dealer and they would honor the warranty if I purchased through them...

This may not be relevant for the Zeagle line but here is a summary of my experiance with Divers Discount. Last winter I purchased a Aeris 750GT computer from Divers Discount because it was half the price compared to the LDS. I regesterd the warranty with Aeris. When bringing the computer in for the annual service this year and in prep for an upcoming trip I learned that the Transmitter serial # did not match that of the wrist unit and that the transmitter battery was dead. I had not dove with the unit but according to the LDS had I tried it would not have worked even with a live battery. It ended up costing me $60 to replace both the transmitter and wrist battery (Which was almost dead) but this was much less than what I saved. I did find it odd though.

Johnny Kain:
It ended up costing me $60 to replace both the transmitter and wrist battery (Which was almost dead) but this was much less than what I saved. I did find it odd though.

Appears you got taken a couple of times... The units should have shipped matched up... and the battery for either the transmitter or the receiver is $9.95 - and they are user changable with just a quarter...

Back
Top Bottom