Diver traveling alone to Curacao, and Aruba second week of October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi!
Well it looks like I am headed to Curacao and Aruba for work, the second week of April. My schedule will be such that I can arrive the weekend before, and stay through the following weekend and I was hoping that some of you that have been there a lot can give a newbie a starting hand! The company that I am working for out there does not have any divers on staff, so their knowledge of where to stay and dive is very limited. I will be spending approximately one week in Curacao, and one week in Aruba.

What is considered the "top" dive resort on Curacao? What about Aruba? Which are the nicest? I like amenities such as a decent restaurant and high speed internet. Of course security is also important. I don't mind paying a little extra for a nicer place.

I am interested in night dives during the week - Since I will be working during the day late afternoon/evening dives will be a big part of my trip. Any suggestions on an operator that can accommodate me?

How far in advance should I book my dives? Is it always easy to get on a dive, or are they booked well in advance?

Any considerations out of the ordinary for bringing my own gear?

any unusual security concerns that I should have?

Any other tips for a newbie traveler to these islands?

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions that might help me along.

Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom