Diver since 2002, member since 2015. Hi!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ficklebjt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone!

A quick (and likely disorganized) introduction:

I have been a diver for a long time, and had been working my way through certifications until a few years ago. When I was 13, my father and I began our Open Water certification. (My dad had previously been a diver, but his cert was from the late 70's and he hadn't been diving since I was born). A few years ago, we both achieved the Master Diver certification. We continued diving, but we hadn't gone any further until this last week when we acquired our Dry Suit certification.

I have had the opportunity to experience a fairly wide range of diving, though I admit that a majority of my experiences are in warmer water. I have been diving in California, Florida, the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Australia, both the East and West coasts of Mexico, and Belize. I would like to expand that to colder waters in the future, and I also have an interest in diving in both Hawaii and Africa.

I very much enjoy underwater photography, wreck diving, and looking for small underwater creatures.

I have joined this community in the hopes that I can continue my diving education. I would be interested in further certifications, and any potential volunteer opportunities in my area (Los Angeles). I have done a little bit of research on the latter, and some of them require more certifications than I have, hence the interest in the former (though I do have a strong general interest in furthering my diving knowledge).

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Welcome to SB!

Hopefully you'll join the conversation - SB can always use a new voice!

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom