Diver Incident near Grimsby, Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sorry to hear the results....What was the COD, has that been released yet ie diving related vs. general health problems ??? does anyone have a rough idea of the conditions @ dive time??.

There's no more info than what's been posted so far. I read two-days ago that the regional coroner conducted an autopsy, but was unable to determine the cause of death.

And the article went on to say (I'm paraphrasing) that the "office will continue its investigation to try to determine if the death was diving related or something else. Diving experts will also examine the victim's gear to see if equipment failure was a factor."

I'll keep an eye on the story and provide more details if they become available.

I live in the Grim - the family don't want any details released but the police are asking for witnesses...several boats assisted with the original rescue but nobody knows for sure why he lost consciousness....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom