Diver dies on 60m deep air dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the pontoon on my own kitting up when the husband first popped up, shortly followed by this poor lady. After shouting for help I entered the water and towed her to the pontoon, de-kitted and helped pass her up. My dive buddy (a vet) quickly arrived and started working on her, and within 15 minutes there was a fast response vehicle, 3 ambulances and an air ambulance on scene, but it wasn't enough unfortunately. Tragic.

Kit was very negatively buoyant when I removed it, and there didn't seem to be any gas left to inflate. I was then kitting up again to enter the water and look for the third diver once the husband alerted us to his presence - thankfully he surfaced a few minutes later after completing his deco.

A bad day all around really.
Well done mate. Outcome was bad anyway but having assistance there with other prepared n able divers is good to see. In case others were struggling. K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom