Diver Died In West Palm Beach, Fl.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for just jumping in here. I've ignored this thread because it was so old.

Really good cases RARELY go to trial. The defense settles to avoid the risk of a HUGE verdict. Terrible cases go to trial. The defense is willing to pay only nuisance value, but the plaintiff won't take that ... so they end up in trial.

By any measure, firm and lead attorney are quite capable...

Valid reasons?

Ok, you asked

- You dove with the dive Op in question at one time, and they did something to make you unhappy, such as charge you extra for something, or ended the dive while you still had 300 psi in your tank, or they turned the valve the wrong way right before you hopped into the water
- You're lying and you do have an interest in another dive company
- You read this thread and decided based on one or more posts that the dive Op was liable and you feel like you have to stick to your original opinion

That's for starters

Are these actual factual assertions about DD?
Are these speculations about why DD might say what he said?
I'm concerned.

A further thought on dangerous dive operators ...

Good, safe, conscientious dive operators or skippers sometimes do unsafe things. If one only witnessed the operator or skipper at that particular moment, one might think the operator or skipper was unsafe. Likewise, even terrible operators or skippers don't generally go out of their way to do unsafe things, so just by diving with such an operator or skipper once or twice, one might not observe unsafe behaviors. There is a difference between making a mistake and a character flaw that constantly leads to mistakes.

BTW: I will be away for the next week and will not have internet access. So, my failure to further participate should not be deemed a lack of interest, etc.

A further thought on dangerous dive operators ...

Good, safe, conscientious dive operators or skippers sometimes do unsafe things. If one only witnessed the operator or skipper at that particular moment, one might think the operator or skipper was unsafe. Likewise, even terrible operators or skippers don't generally go out of their way to do unsafe things, so just by diving with such an operator or skipper once or twice, one might not observe unsafe behaviors. There is a difference between making a mistake and a character flaw that constantly leads to mistakes.

BTW: I will be away for the next week and will not have internet access. So, my failure to further participate should not be deemed a lack of interest, etc.

Well that's a good observation and quality post IMO. Hurry back!

Are these actual factual assertions about DD?
Are these speculations about why DD might say what he said?
I'm concerned.

Speculation, nothing more.

I should have worded my post as "possible valid reasons"

He looks like a troll, he writes like a troll, he must be a troll........

You were right, as usual. Serious allegations against the livelihood of a legitimate dive operation must be backed with much, much more than "take my word for it". Case closed as far as I am concerned....

Last edited:
You were right, as usual. Serious allegations against the livelihood of a legitimate dive operation must be backed with much, much more than "take my word for it". Case closed as far as I am concerned....

Welll I guess that settles it then. Huh????? Case Closed.....:no::no:

I see you are now making promotional posts for this same dive operator on this thread. I guess we should "take your word for it" that this operator is safe.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/312002-water-temp-off-west-palm-beach.html

Welll I guess that settles it then. Huh????? Case Closed.....:no::no:

I see you are now making promotional posts for this same dive operator on this thread. I guess we should "take your word for it" that this operator is safe.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/312002-water-temp-off-west-palm-beach.html

The operator may perhaps recognize me if I boarded his vessel for a second visit otherwise he has no idea of my identity. As mentioned earlier, I have only been onboard once as I do have friends in the business but mostly dive privately. The captain won my respect and I choose to defend him. It's as simple as that! It is my opinion the operator/captain is a capable professional who exhibites every behavorial pattern that would be required to run a safe and seccessful 48' charter operation in one of the busiest diving ports in the USA. If you believe differently, I would suggest you share the information or be silent as your current path is grossly unfair and unprofessional....

Since you are tracking my posts why did you not offer this link of a post earlier today that clearly indicates that I have no dog in this fight -

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...ds-ever-die-down-s-florida-3.html#post4852668

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A couple of posts with personal attacks have been deleted- please keep it civil. It OK to disagreee with someones opinion, it's not OK to attack them for it.

I read the filling a while ago and was hoping someone would discuss it, now im just going from memory but the main things that would were mentioned outa like 4 issues i think were failing to keep boat positioned to retrieve divers needing rescue, failing to have propper/working equipment. from what we have heard from the event it sounds as if the incident happened as they dropped into the water which would make the boat in a dropping position rather than monitoring or retrieval position (which to me seems easily beatable by narcosis since we dive off the backs of boats and dont want to go under the boat while near surface to prevent injury) the equipment issue though would be variable as to what equipment they are persuing as damaged, not propperly maintained or not useable accessable

Back
Top Bottom