Divemaster touching me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should definetly contact the agency that this guy was a DM with and report it.

It also wouldn't hurt to let others know via sites like this about your unfortunate experiance.

I'm not sure what exactly the OP experienced, but I do want to make a general comment. Putting on "your big girl panties" and "just dealing" with a man harassing you doesn't always end well. Sometimes it's NOT a matter of "just saying no" or "telling him to back off." I'm sure many sexual assault victims would agree. I have put many men in their place...all I'm saying is it doesn't always work.

I'm not, in any way, saying that this was a sexual assault case but I feel that some of the comments made in response are offensive to women who have experienced serious unwanted sexual attention. Please don't assume all women have the power to ward off a man's advances and end the situation. It takes us back to the days when woman were supposedly "asking" for it.
Most of those comments (the big girl ...) were made by women!!!:shakehead:

I'm late but here's my shot at being riddiculed.

The OP was uncomfortable, what should she do now that she didn't do anything at the time? Seems to me what she originally asked.

As others have mentioned a letter/phone call/email to the establishment letting them know how she felt after the experience is appropriate. You never know, maybe in the future DM's there will act more appropriately with the female customers.

For those of us from litigous societies we forget that SOMETIMES just mentioning a problem is enough to fix it in the rest of the world.

I'm late but here's my shot at being riddiculed.
It's too bad you feel that will happen (ridiculed) because I just checked, and this is supposed to be in the "flame free" zone! :shakehead:

So I will tender my apologies if the OP feels "flamed" for anything that I may have said that was "flaming". If I have been offensive in how I have said something, then I am apologizing for how I may have said something, but not for what. IOW, it is O.K. to disagree, but we must be careful about how we express our differences. :wink:

I would like to find out if the OP has had any responses to her emails yet but she hasn't posted here in awhile so we may never know!

Hand holding is molestation? WOW Some of you posting on here seem so uptight. All she had to do was pull her hand away or give him some clue that she is not interested in his advances. Seriously...next thing you'll be saying that the bartender that flirted with me was out of line but I was afraid to say anything because he was making my drinks and I didn't want to wait or get a bad drink. For all we know this guy has had older women hit on him while doing his job and was conditioned to be a bit flirtatious for a tip.

Since none of us actually experienced this other than the original poster we don't have both sides to this story.

The bottom line is that we all need to communicate when something is not to our liking.

i'm late but here's my shot at being riddiculed.

The op was uncomfortable, what should she do now that she didn't do anything at the time? Seems to me what she originally asked.

As others have mentioned a letter/phone call/email to the establishment letting them know how she felt after the experience is appropriate. You never know, maybe in the future dm's there will act more appropriately with the female customers.

For those of us from litigous societies we forget that sometimes just mentioning a problem is enough to fix it in the rest of the world.

agreed!

The OP was uncomfortable, what should she do now that she didn't do anything at the time? Seems to me what she originally asked.

I'd like to quote the OP's last line, "NEXT TIME>> I will clobber anyone who tries this! I am 53yrs old, a strong professional woman and totally shut down in this."

Seems to me the OP has already decided on what to do.

Hand holding is molestation? WOW Some of you posting on here seem so uptight. All she had to do was pull her hand away or give him some clue that she is not interested in his advances. Seriously...next thing you'll be saying that the bartender that flirted with me was out of line but I was afraid to say anything because he was making my drinks and I didn't want to wait or get a bad drink. For all we know this guy has had older women hit on him while doing his job and was conditioned to be a bit flirtatious for a tip.

Since none of us actually experienced this other than the original poster we don't have both sides to this story.

The bottom line is that we all need to communicate when something is not to our liking.

Thank you...he held her hand because she made it known to the Dive op that she was afraid! This is not assault, molestation or anything of the kind. He didn't ask her out, he didn't show up at her room. It's no wonder our courts are backed up with frivolous lawsuits. Sometimes things are just as simple as they seem.

I win Britain's ugliest female, and this is what happened to me .....

I was on a liveaboard late 2007 and the dive master said to me "can I be your boy friend?" :love:

I said, "No!" :shakehead:

Then he said to me, "can I have a kiss?" :Kissy:

I said, "No!" :no:

I guess they just try it on with anyone, not suggesting the OP would win such a prize at all

Back
Top Bottom