Divemaster Status?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-doc

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I noticed some users have "Divemaster" under their status. How do you get this status to appear? Thanks.

scuba-doc:
I noticed some users have "Divemaster" under their status. How do you get this status to appear? Thanks.
===================================
Cut and paste ...well, "copy"/paste that is.

I was gonna tell a fib and tell you that it came from PADI in your DM packet but ...

'Slogger

Thanks for the quick reply. Where would you cut-n-paste exactly? Thanks.

Right click, and save the image to your computer. Then go to "User CP", and "Edit Avatar", and upload the image from your computer.

Hope that helps! :)

scuba-doc:
Thanks for the quick reply. Where would you cut-n-paste exactly? Thanks.
==============================

Put your cursor over the DM thingee in my status block and right click your mouse. Select "Save Picture As" and drop it in your "My Pictures" folder and give it a name.

Then go into your preferences area here on SB and drop it into the "Status" field.

'Slogger

Footslogger:
==============================

Put your cursor over the DM thingee in my status block and right click your mouse. Select "Save Picture As" and drop it in your "My Pictures" folder and give it a name.

Then go into your preferences area here on SB and drop it into the "Status" field.

'Slogger

Ok, I got the copy part ok, but I can't figure out where to paste it. I don't see an option for preferences. The closest thing is "Group Preferences", but there isn't anything that resembles a "status" field. Am I looking in the wrong place?

The proper way is to send a PM to Dee. She will ask for some verification of your credentials and you will get a "real" Dive Master badge similar to the "SB Staff" badge you see under my name. With this badge you can maintain an avatar.

I personally would think that we wouldn't allow members to simply upload the Dive Mater, SB Staff, or Instructor badge as their avatar because it skirts around the actual rules for obtaining a badge yourself. Also, dive professionals get access to the Instructor To Instructor forum.

I am currently investigating the issue of using a ScubaBoard badge as an avatar and will keep you updated.

Actually, that's what I was looking for....the "real" DM badge. I sent a request to join the group about 1.5 weeks ago, so I guess I just haven't waited long enough for a reply. Thanks for the help.

I've been slightly out of the loop lately, but I believe DEMA is going on and most of the senior staff is there taking care of business over there.

Have a little patience :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom