Divemaster Internship SE. Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glamourpuss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
i'm looking to do a divemaster internship, 2-3 months somewhere in se. asia. i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this. if they could recommend some good and reputable places. i'm preferably looking for somewhere i can live and work for a few months in exchange for training. or even just good deals. ideally i'd like it to be a padi 5 star IDC... but right now i'm just looking around for any suggestions.

thanks!

I posted about the same thing you did but in another section. I was looking for "Sunshine Dive Shop' info they have a program
$495 dive till you get it. Cheap hotel next to dive shop, on either katon beach or maybe karon beach but I know for sure it was in Phuket, if you get any info please pass it on thanks.

Im doing mine at phi phi scuba diving center ppscuba.com theres a thred some were on this site a guy replied who did it there i just showed up on phi phi island and checked it out its cool and theres a couple of other people in the same shop half way through there internship who recon its briliant!

I am planning to do my DM next year. I am considering DiveZone in South Lombok, Indonesia. The internship is 4 months.
I dived with them one month ago and met a guy who was just about to finish his internship and he was extremely happy about it (the internship). He said most of it he spent diving.

Hey there,

There are two dive shops that I can recommend that you check out in Tioman, Malaysia and in Phuket, Thailand. They are Bali Hai Divers in Tioman, Malaysia and Sharkey Scuba in Phuket, Thailand. I have done all my training with Sharkey Scuba, and I am looking to do my DiveMaster's with them sometime next year when I'm finished with school. I have done much of my dives in Malaysia with Bali Hai Divers and they are a well set up shop. I would suggest dropping a line to each shop and finding out about prices, accommodation and if it is possible to work at the shop. Malaysia generally has cheaper prices compared to Thailand in relation to diving. Oh, and Tioman is a duty free island, so no tax.

Send me a PM if you would like the URLs for the dive shops as SB won't let me post URLs yet.

Jackd

Bubble junky,

That was originally poster 28th December 2002. Mmmmmmmmmm, he may be an instructor by now! Who dug this thread up?

Thanks for the heads up in other threads tho!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom