Divemaster course June/July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gladys

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently an advanced open water diver with about 30 dives. I am going to take a three months break from work and would like to spend two of them working towards a divemaster certification. Since I am not really planning to work as a diver, I am looking for a nice place to dive where I can relax. The side more oriented towards actually working in a diveshop, I am not that interested in. I would like to become a better diver and I like the study side of it as well.

Any recommendations as to where to do it?

Thanks,
Gladys

Boracay Philippines, great place to relax and have good time socially. It's not the best diving in the Philippines but it has a good mixture of dive sites and over the time you will see plenty of stuff. And great fun on land too - very social place, beaches, bars, restaurants and small enough to make a good network of friends if you do a dm internship. I did mine at calypso diving resort. But do many amazing places to do it in Asia.

---------- Post added January 31st, 2013 at 10:08 PM ----------

Sorry scrap that coz July-August usually is off rainy season, but if you can do match-April then it's great!!

Hi Gladys, and welcome to ScubaBoard.
Any dive school can work with you so you can complete the Rescue Diver and Divemaster courses, but generally speaking, most will want you to intern with the operation doing various tasks, and I guess that's the part you don't want. So you need to find out from a school what they will expect from you during the internship phase. If you don't want to work in the dive industry, you could consider working towards the Master Scuba Diver rating. You will certainly improve your diving by doing that, and you won't have to worry about internship responsibilities.

As to your question of where to go for your dive training, the Gulf of Thailand islands are in high season then and the Andaman Sea ones are in low season, but for us on the Andaman side, in July, that mostly means fewer tourists and a more relaxed atmosphere as opposed to full boats, traffic, and empty supermarket shelves! It's really nice over here in the summer when it's quieter, and the water isn't diver soup....

Back
Top Bottom