Divemaster Course / Internship in Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I prefer PDC or Cozumel than Bays Islands too, maybe I need to study more on Central America page. Besides diving, the culture is another my conceren, thanks a lot!

Mayan culture and that of the Yucatan in general is fascinating, more so than that of Honduras or the other Central American nations IMO. You'd probably have to get off the island and travel around the peninsula in order to best discover the old culture as many of the residents of the tourists areas have moved there from other parts of Mexico and the rest of the world. Much Latin American culture is similar because of the Spanish influence on the native population, though countries in South America have greater influence from other parts of Europe as well and Central American and Caribbean nations like Honduras have additional cultural influence from slaves brought over from Africa.

Good luck with your travels. I spent some time at a language school in Cuernavaca residing with a local family and it was an amazing experience; unfortunately I didn't dive back then or I might have chosen some place closer to the ocean.

Don´t rush to the chapel just yet, haha! Although you cannot work in Galapagos, often times you can go along on the Dives and be paired up with the "odd diver out", or just follow up the group at the back. You cannot lead the group on your own, or lead the group at all without the required work permits as well as National Park permits and Galapagos marine reserve permits! I haven´t had the fortune to dive at the other places mentioned here, but I can tell you: doing my DM course in Galapagos helped me to learn quite quickly: i encountered lots of situations where I needed to help out others, make decisions, and help in briefing translations upon occasion! (I even found myself at 15 meters with a blown off mask, which wasn´t much fun...but it did make me a better diver, in my opinion).
Good luck with your decisions,and no doubt you are bound to have a great time no matter what!

Don´t rush to the chapel just yet, haha! Although you cannot work in Galapagos, often times you can go along on the Dives and be paired up with the "odd diver out", or just follow up the group at the back. You cannot lead the group on your own, or lead the group at all without the required work permits as well as National Park permits and Galapagos marine reserve permits! I haven´t had the fortune to dive at the other places mentioned here, but I can tell you: doing my DM course in Galapagos helped me to learn quite quickly: i encountered lots of situations where I needed to help out others, make decisions, and help in briefing translations upon occasion! (I even found myself at 15 meters with a blown off mask, which wasn´t much fun...but it did make me a better diver, in my opinion).
Good luck with your decisions,and no doubt you are bound to have a great time no matter what!

You reburn my heart to be trained in Galapagos! But unfortunately, so far neither Scuba Iguana, Red Mangrove nor Sub Aqua replied my email!

Just wondering if anyone ever wrote back to you. Currently, SubAqua has been suspended from operations after an accident in July. RM does not have an instructor on staff though could farm it out. I would stick with Scuba Iguana for now. One of only 2 Course Directors in Ecuador does live in Galapagos, but travels often, so timing would be the issue with her.

Just wondering if anyone ever wrote back to you. Currently, SubAqua has been suspended from operations after an accident in July. RM does not have an instructor on staff though could farm it out. I would stick with Scuba Iguana for now. One of only 2 Course Directors in Ecuador does live in Galapagos, but travels often, so timing would be the issue with her.

Yes, totally no reply....:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom