Divemaster attire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@selkiesearchteam there are some suits that are resistant to chlorine as @TGIF has led you to. They are affordable and can be found in many places. if in fact you end up with a top that you think is not professional enough to wear but offers you the right support, you can always get a rash guard or something to wear over it, too.

I have a full 3mm that I almost only us for the pool. The chlorine is really killing it. I would get a new 5mm as I still get cold after a few hours, but I'l wait till the other ones wears out before spending for a pool wetsuit. Pool is around 75'. DM's and instructors here are all in wetsuits.

I tend to be very warm and generally dive in shorts and a rash guard for warm open water (above 76 F). What I wear to the pool tends to depend on how long I anticipate being in the water. For a half day of in and out of the pool, I wear a long sleeve rash guard and a pair of neoprene shorts with pockets. For full days, I wear a 3/2 full suit. Obviously the chlorine will destroy everything over time so I tend to use "budget" suits.

Our local swim shop turned me on to chlorine resistant swim suits. They are definitely not beach wear, but they are under a rash guard and shorts or a suit so it doesn't matter. and they last two or three times longer than the regular swim suits I was using. At work where I am in saltwater I prefer Nike swimsuits as they just seem to fit me better and hold up okay.

YMMV,

Jackie

While I can't comment on the fit or support issues others have covered I can make a suggestion for warmth. I found some years ago that a reusable camping/hunting hand warmer was great when activated and slipped between my wet suit and rash guard at the small of the back. In your case perhaps you could use a one between your swim suit and rash guard or shorty. I caution though DO NOT put the hand warmer directly against your skin. Congrats on the DM and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom