divelink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used them and they work pretty well. I helped train the local fire and rescue team on them and we used them in the pool and open water. The clarity is pretty good once you get the coordination down of breathing and talking. The range is pretty good too. I really like the Kirby Morgan 48. I prefer it over the OTS myself.

Thanks scottr
Ihave ordered three sets 2 for surface supply and 1 for scuba. If you have any advice I am glad to hear it. I live in alaska and am 220 miles by road and 20 miles by boat to the nearest dive shop. We will be learning the hard way. We realy needed the hands free comms. working with both hands and trying to communicate seemed to be the issue, most comms were press to talk.
thanks Mike

We used them with the mouthpiece out so we could communicate better. We used them with the Apeks ATX200 second stage. I really like the removable lower pod on them for safety. That is one drawback to the OTS and AGA is that you have to carry a spare mask. You will find that air consumption will go up using them.

fnmrg:
Thanks scottr
Ihave ordered three sets 2 for surface supply and 1 for scuba. If you have any advice I am glad to hear it. I live in alaska and am 220 miles by road and 20 miles by boat to the nearest dive shop. We will be learning the hard way. We realy needed the hands free comms. working with both hands and trying to communicate seemed to be the issue, most comms were press to talk.
thanks Mike

Mike,

Why do you want to use through water comms with surface supply? If you're tethered by a hose, you should be using hardwire comms. It's full duplex and hands free just like talking on a telephone. I think you'll find VOX communications to be a bit of a pain in the backside in actual practice. You'll find that you talk over each other and it can get frustrating. If you need reliable comms, hardwire is, by far, the best way to go.

mntdiver
We are using surface air for just this job, most are with tanks. we also need both hands free while talking to the surface, they are lowering parts down while we guide them. we have been usung them a week now and are getting the hang of it. thanks for the info on the hardwire.

Back
Top Bottom