DIVEHEART SCUBA ADVENTURE in Miami: Sept 14, Oct 4, & Oct 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man what a cool event this is!

I watched as instructors and divemasters worked together to figure out how to help people with a huge range of disabilities, enjoy the water safely. It was so cool to get to share the underwater world with people who would ordinarily be turned away by a dive shop. AD Barnes park has some nifty equipment that can help anyone and everyone get in and out safely, and I saw many people who will be back to swim for sure, and who are now able to see that they too could scuba dive.

In short, I've never seen that many grins in a single day before. Unfortunately, life is in the way of us attending the next few events but I hope to find another set to go help at soon. It's easy to forget how life changing scuba diving can be, and helping today really brought the magic of it back.

netdoc diveheart-0310.jpg

Last edited:
Totally agree, JahJah! It was almost magical witnessing these people explore the possibilities that never existed before. I am honored and just a bit humbled at the determination some of these folks have in the water.
If divers are wondering if they can help out, the answer is a resounding YES! It's an awesome experience!

Back
Top Bottom