divefish.co.uk - Underwater photo collection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You want feedback?

Don't join a forum just to post nonsense such as "hello" and "not sure" on threads started by others looking for help.

You can thank me later

Really like the website layout. Great way to display your photos. Of course more info is always welcome about equipment, photographer, etc.... But believe me I know how much it takes just to get the basics up. Takes time to pad it out.

You have some great subjects and I am going to assume you are using a Point & Shoot maybe with an external strobe? The standard advice that holds true is get close, get closer, and get even closer. Try to shoot at eye level or even better shoot "up" at subjects. You seem to have many "top down" shots. Shooting at eye level does require excellent buoyancy to insure not bumping the reef. Of course the "rule of thirds" is also a great guideline.

Hope that is what you are looking for, again congrats on the site.

I really like #5 in the Similan's gallery, is that with custom white balance?

congrats on putting a web site together.

It's a little fishy, no pun intended :) that your website doesn't talk about who you are though, you should add that so people know who's photos they are looking at.

And just curious, why is there a donate button, what exactly are they donating for ???

Scott

Your photos are beautiful. And I like the Web site design. The only thing that took me a minute or two to figure out was how to get into each album. (I think the delay is on my part because it's 11:30 p.m. here. :)

I liked the ability to view it as a slide show. Nice touch. And like scottfiji, I would love to read more about who you are, etc. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Points taken, I have only just put this together and need to beef out the textual content some more.

scottfuji, the "underwater photography guide" is this your work! I was just reading this the other day, blown away with the content, very good. I currently am just using a compact camera, a sony cybershot w170, with the sony underwater housing. Its not a bad camera. I would welcome any advice from you on what of any recommended lenses to get for this camera. I am trying to really get into photography now, and would love to take my Canon 400DD SLR down but the housing is so expensive, almost twice that of the camera!

Cheers
www.divefish.co.uk

scottfuji, the "underwater photography guide" is this your work! I was just reading this the other day, blown away with the content, very good. I currently am just using a compact camera, a sony cybershot w170, with the sony underwater housing. Its not a bad camera. I would welcome any advice from you on what of any recommended lenses to get for this camera.

Cheers
www.divefish.co.uk

Yes, it's my work, thanks for the nice compliments.

I forgot to mention, I like the tag cloud on your website also, it's a nice quick way to see certain subjects.

You're doing a great job with just your Sony W170. Regarding lenses, your housings will take an Inon M67 base mount, with that you should get 2 UCL-165 M67 close-up lenses for macro and the UWL-100 wide-angle lens with dome unit for wide-angle, and an Inon lens caddy. With these lenses and a strobe you will have a killer setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom