DiveBusiness.com - Advertise for 5 years for $20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wet16m

Registered
Reaction score
Divebusiness.com has been up for about 8 hours now. We have already done a few press releases for this site and are currently (as I type this) promoting the site. You can advertise for 5 years on the site for only $20.

http://www.divebusiness.com

One little tiny block for $20. You have to have several blocks so people could even see the image. This is weird. I get it... but then aqain I don't get it.

yes, they are small blocks but the philosophy is that users will click the icons out of curiosity. yes, you can get more blocks but its a proven method that works. For 20 bucks for 5 years, as the site grows to the point where you are getting over 1000 visits a month or more from the site it becomes well worth the $20 investment.

Debraw:
One little tiny block for $20. You have to have several blocks so people could even see the image. This is weird. I get it... but then aqain I don't get it.

wet16m:
yes, they are small blocks but the philosophy is that users will click the icons out of curiosity. yes, you can get more blocks but its a proven method that works. For 20 bucks for 5 years, as the site grows to the point where you are getting over 1000 visits a month or more from the site it becomes well worth the $20 investment.

Just out of curosity.........with a website that contains only icons or images with alternate text, how are you going to get any search engine performance for the site? If the home page never changes (once it is sold out) what will prevent the search engines from "dropping" the index to the page due to lack of updated relevance? How will this site score well in the relevance category most search engines use? Without excellent search engine performance, how is traffic driven to your advertisers? Just interested. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

Phil,

Good question. Thanks for asking. First, we have done and will continue to advertise our site for 5 years. We advertise our site w/ free sites along with paid ads. I have spent the last 4 years studying search engines, so we have a little edge over some other sites. I have done very well with other websites that I run (www.mikesscuba.com) and some other sites. If you do a search for scuba accessories, scuba equipment, and alot of specific items, our site shows up in the top 100 out of millions. Anyhow.. back to divebusiness.com, we are very active at promoting our sites. Yes, the ads are small, but again people click the ads out of curiosity. If you compare the costs on our site to the cost on another form of advertising taking into consideration our ads are for 5 years it is definitely worth the $20. That come to $4 a year. Thanks!

Mike

PhilEllis:
Just out of curosity.........with a website that contains only icons or images with alternate text, how are you going to get any search engine performance for the site? If the home page never changes (once it is sold out) what will prevent the search engines from "dropping" the index to the page due to lack of updated relevance? How will this site score well in the relevance category most search engines use? Without excellent search engine performance, how is traffic driven to your advertisers? Just interested. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

wet16m:
Phil,

Good question. back to divebusiness.com, we are very active at promoting our sites. Yes, the ads are small, but again people click the ads out of curiosity. If you compare the costs on our site to the cost on another form of advertising taking into consideration our ads are for 5 years it is definitely worth the $20. That come to $4 a year. Thanks!

Mike

does not seem to be any value even at your very low price.

mdb:
does not seem to be any value even at your very low price.

How could your link on a website that already has about unique visitors a day and growing not have any value? Am I missing something?

wet16m:
How could your link on a website that already has about unique visitors a day and growing not have any value? Am I missing something?

Mike, how many unique visitors are you currently getting per day on that site? Please don't quote hits. I would like to know about UNIQUE visitors. I would also like to know what the top ten search terms are that lead visitors to the site? This is important information if I am to consider advertising on the site. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

Phil,

I will give you a call and talk about the site. What is a good time for you?

PhilEllis:
Mike, how many unique visitors are you currently getting per day on that site? Please don't quote hits. I would like to know about UNIQUE visitors. I would also like to know what the top ten search terms are that lead visitors to the site? This is important information if I am to consider advertising on the site. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

wet16m:
<snip>...Am I missing something?

Yes, the value to the user. Why would a websurfer want to visit your site for SCUBA information? Randomly searching squares for information is not going to stand a chance when I can type in exactly what I'm looking for into a seach engine.

Good luck just the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom