Info Dive Western Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on my very recent research the only pace offering somewhat reasonable "stay and dive" package is Copamarina down in Guanica. Not sure how it works in real life though.
Thanks, nice to have an option. Looks like the accommodation provider and dive services provider are separate, the stay-and-dive package is for a very short stay, I clicked from it to try to book a week stay and seemed to be booking accommodation with some add-on options but not for scuba diving, so I imagine if I were seriously intent on booking the classic U.S. dedicated dive trip-style 7-day package with 5 1/2 days/ diving (e.g.: 2 boat dives/morning x 6 days, maybe 1 or 2 afternoon dives x 5 days), I'd have to contact them directly and get a quote.

Which isn't how I prefer to operate. I like to research and know what the package is likely to cost before deciding to initiate contact. I've contacting providers elsewhere in the past so it's not an insurmountable thing, but it is off-putting.

The Stay-And-Dive Package for $999:

Join Scuba Dogs for an underwater adventure @ GuánicAmazing!

Explore this world-class dive destination with Scuba Dogs taking advantage of our “2 by 2 by 2” Special Offer for:

• 2 Guests – Package includes arrangements for 2 certified divers or snorkelers: Sign up with your buddy!
  • 2 Days - 2-Tank dives or snorkeling trips with all equipment rentals (clothing not included), fruits, refreshments, and professional guide included.
  • 2 Nights – Stay and enjoy our piece of heaven with a late check-out @ 1pm in the lovely Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa.

Let's assume they might let us book 7 days for the price of 6, and triple the cost of this package. About 3 grand for 2 people, maybe? I don't think roundtrip airfare to Puerto Rico from my area in the U.S. is bad (looks like Southwest flies there, 2 free checked bags!). I imagine you need to rent a vehicle and pay for food during your stay. As for adding extra dives, digging up 2-tank boat trip rates wasn't as easy as I think it should be, and didn't look real cheap.

Why do they just offer 2 days of diving? Isn't the area diving worth more than that? Shouldn't there be a 7-day package on offer? Do they lack sufficient demand to justify it? If so, why? I even saw one page mention the operator offers shore diving, and we get questions about shore diving in Puerto Rico occasionally.

This place is in Guanica in southwestern Puerto Rico; I checked because this thread specified western Puerto Rico. I thought people staying at this resort but wanting a low passenger count boat might still consider booking with the original poster, and the website might be helpful for seeing what else is in the area, but if I read the map correctly, Guanica and Rincon are around 35+ miles apart, so guess not.

I still hope the original poster will link us a business website, rates, suggested area accommodations, etc... I tried Googling to hunt it and no go. People are used to having to provide credit card info. and pay a deposit to secure a spot with a dive op.; they're going to want a lot more reassurance they're dealing with a legit business. No offense or disrespect to anyone. I hope Island Style turns out to be a fine op. and gets a serious of great reviews.

Based on my very recent research the only pace offering somewhat reasonable "stay and dive" package is Copamarina down in Guanica. Not sure how it works in real life though.
Hopefully more dive shops will start offering or at least suggesting where to stay.
I have not heard of Copamarina, will check it out. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom