Dive Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice vids. Wife and I got a chance to try Palm Beach County drift diving for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was turtlepalooza :) :) We loved it. Will definitely be back.

Last edited:
Enjoyed your video. Nice close in action with the hawksbill turtle and the gray angelfish. That big green moray free swimming looked like a whopper.

I'm hoping to dive Jupiter this Fall. I still haven't seen a loggerhead sea turtle in the wild, and I'm hoping to remedy that.

Richard.

Enjoyed your video. Nice close in action with the hawksbill turtle and the gray angelfish. That big green moray free swimming looked like a whopper.

I'm hoping to dive Jupiter this Fall. I still haven't seen a loggerhead sea turtle in the wild, and I'm hoping to remedy that.

Richard.

If you want loggerheads, Jupiter has them. I did one dive in February where I must have run across at least a dozen on one reef ledge. They're the species I most commonly see, followed by hawksbills and greens. Still waiting for a leatherback encounter.

Nice vids. Wife and I got a chance to try Palm Beach County drift diving for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was turtlepalooza :) :) We loved it. Will definitely be back.

The turtles seem to be thinning out. About 4 weeks ago, I think we saw 20 loggerheads over 2 dives, it was insane. We saw just 1 loggerhead and 2 hawksbills on this day.

---------- Post added July 6th, 2014 at 02:47 PM ----------

Richard.

Thanks. The eel had me a little nervous. I didn't show the entire clip, but he was swimming away from some other divers and was heading right towards me. I got a little nervous until it turned around and swam back under the ledge. I was ready to start swimming up :) When you get in town, look me up and I'll see if I can join you on a dive or 2. The logger heads were everywhere a few weeks ago. A lot were resting up on the ledge.

---------- Post added July 6th, 2014 at 02:48 PM ----------

MrChen: nice video! Do you have a red filter on gthe GoPro? The colors underwater (especially on the turtles and angels) really looked vivid.

I dove the day before and we also had fantastic visibility.

Yea, I have a red filter and picking a white spot on the video. I need to figure out a way to mount one of my video lights on my pole to really bring out the colors.

---------- Post added July 6th, 2014 at 02:49 PM ----------

If you want loggerheads, Jupiter has them. I did one dive in February where I must have run across at least a dozen on one reef ledge. They're the species I most commonly see, followed by hawksbills and greens. Still waiting for a leatherback encounter.

I haven't seen a leatherback either.

MrChen:
Yea, I have a red filter and picking a white spot on the video. I need to figure out a way to mount one of my video lights on my pole to really bring out the colors.

Great vid! What type of lights? I made a mount on my camera tray from 1/2" loc-line... But as I look at it, it would probly do well on a gopro pole too. I'll post a pic of it when I get home. My idea for two lights would kinda look like a trident with two flex arms on the side and the gopro in the middle.

Great vid! What type of lights? I made a mount on my camera tray from 1/2" loc-line... But as I look at it, it would probly do well on a gopro pole too. I'll post a pic of it when I get home. My idea for two lights would kinda look like a trident with two flex arms on the side and the gopro in the middle.

Thanks! I have the DRIS Impact 1000 w/ video head.

Impact Stretch Dive Light - Dive Right in Scuba

Nice video. Love the bubbles from the hood!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom