Dive torch binding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I clip my torch to the little thumb loop thingy found on most long sleeve diving jackets / shirts.
By "jackets / shirts" I assume you mean wetsuits. In over 20 years of diving I've never seen a single wetsuit with a "little thumb loop thingy" so I don't think it can be said that they are "found on most..." Where they can be found "on most" is dry suit undergarments, but those cannot be used to clip off your lights because you would have to pull it out through the wrist seal which would flood the drysuit.

As an aside, when I hear or read the term "torch" on SB, I picture a cave man walking into the water carrying a burning stick. The OP may wish to consider changing the name of this thread to "Dive light attachment method" to attract more divers to discussing the topic (since "binding" is not really the word most would use when speaking about this subject in English).

And, since I'm taking time to write up all these peripheral thoughts I have, I'll go ahead and answer the OP's question directly, as well. I suggest, as others already have, tying a bolt snap to the back of the light and clipping it to a chest D ring, then putting an elastic retainer (bungee, bike inner tube, etc) around the light head and shoulder strap lower down for storage and transport (and a loop of bungee on the wrist to clip it to when in your hand if you worry about dropping it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom