Dive the Oriskany ( Aircraft Carrier ) Buddy Needed !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

River Rat

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone I recently had a trip booked on a liveaboard in Pensacola, Florida but captain canceled due to health reasons. My airline tickets are non refundable & besides I do not want to miss this trip. Im leaving on February 25th & returning March 3rd. Diving will start on the Monday the 26th & end on Friday the 2nd. Details are as follows:

Dive Days: 5
Accomidations: Suburban Resort (1 mile from Charter Boat)
2 Bedroom at a rate of $225.00 (Plus tax) Per Person for 6 Days. The Rate is $75.00 Per night.
Oriskany Charter rate is $145.00 Per Person (Per Charter) on BMT Dive Charter Boat on the 27th & 28th. As for the 26th, 1st, & 2nd we can dive Oriskany all week or we can do a different charter operation all together. I've contacted BMT, Might O, & Dive Pro's which are all within a mile radius of each other. Dive Pro's has opening for these dates with a minimum of 4 Divers to go out. We can dive Oriskany all week or we can dive Oriskany 3 days & dive 2 on different wrecks. Fee's range from inland: 0-14 miles at a rate of $80.00 or offshore at a rate of $145.00.

I will share rental car with any buddy that is interested in the trip at a cost provided by me. So all fee's without Tax, Airfare, Food, & Tips would be approximately $835.00 based on Diving Oriskany 3 Days with 2 on different inland wrecks. If we decided to Dive Oriskany all 5 Days then add another $125.00.

Expedia has round trip tickets around $250.00 on several different airlines. Im arriving on Sunday at 3:00pm. Anybody needing any extra equipement like a regulator, mask, snorkler lol, or a dive computer I can provide as well.

All monies will be paid directly to charter boat & Resort accommodations by you. Im very excited about this trip & hope there is some folks here that are interested.

If we can get a group of 6 together we can rent the Charter Boat for the entire week.

God Bless !!!

Gerry

Update 1 Buddy Interested ( 100% Going )

If I can get 2 other Divers to go I will book the Charter Boat & provide everyone with payment details to Lodge & Dive Shop ( Owner of Boat ).

Thanks All & God Bless !!!

Gerry

Good luck finding your dive buddies. I'm in my extended range training right now, otherwise I would definitely be in. The Oriskany is what all my training is geared toward. I know you can reach the site in relatively shallow water, but if I dive it, I want to hit the sand. Fill us in on the trip when you return. Good luck & happy diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom