Dive the Moskva

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. Navy was already in there. I think there are nukes on the vessel. That why the Russians got on it so fast. When they go in there the silt will be stirred up and the code books long gone.

Are you operating a dive boat these days or are you retired ? I would like to go out on your boat.

I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. Navy was already in there. I think there are nukes on the vessel. That why the Russians got on it so fast. When they go in there the silt will be stirred up and the code books long gone.

Are you operating a dive boat these days or are you retired ? I would like to go out on your boat.
Sorry, no passengers anymore.

It would be interesting to know if the USS Jimmy Carter already has visited.
Probably not given the 1936
Montreux treaty where warships only registered to a black sea port may go from the Aegean into the Black Sea.

On another forum it was mentioned that the depth was 330-390ft. Forbes is saying 300ft. We won't know the depth for awhile I don't think, at least until the war is over.

Probably not given the 1936
Montreux treaty where warships only registered to a black sea port may go from the Aegean into the Black Sea.
Oh, or course. Forgive me. I don’t know anyone who served on any US warship who took a spin around the Black Sea. [/SNARK]

Oh, or course. Forgive me. I don’t know anyone who served on any US warship who took a spin around the Black Sea. [/SNARK]
During wartime, Turkey can prevent warships from entering the Black Sea. Russia would like to bring more ships, but they are not allowed right now.

Here is the Forbes link saying 300' FSW.

Anyone know the water temperature in the Black Sea ?

Around 10C right now.

At the depths in question, sounds like 45 F (Black Sea - Climate)

Back
Top Bottom