Dive Texoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for someone who has dove Lake Texoma. Like Texas Mike has said the local mud holes are about the best some of us can do. I am about tempted to take the boat, set out a flag (and hope the jet skiers know what it is) anchor up and dive.

Tom

My first thought was, "yeah, like I hope they dont think it's some sorta marker to just race around ... "

but then I was reminded of the Fireman that was also a Diver and was run over by a speed boat and just about cut him in 2 pieces and crippled him for life (amazing he even lived) and the @$#%^& didn't even stop!! It's scarry when you realize just how many people Don't know what the flag means and I don't know about everywhere but I know that here you are supposed to have to pass certain written test before being allow to launch your boat ...

=-)

And the other thing that could happen is one of those inconsiderate zoomies come up to the boat thinking we "abandoned it".

If I remember from my o/w class, they are supposed to keep something like 150' feet from the flag or float. But most of the nuts around here get so wrapped up in the adrenaline, they leave their brains on the shore.

I'd hate to be hanging on a line at a safety or deco stop and then all of a sudden be barefoot water skiing!

Broken Bow,

Down in the southeastern corner of the state. Has great viz and a tamer atmosphere, not as many nut cases flying around on jet skiis. Plus the temp this time of year is about 80 deg, wait until July and August and it gets 85-90 deg. Like diving in the bathtub. Been there, done that.

ID

ooohhhh...sounds nice....in fact, I think the Scubadillos might be headed there in August.....

I remember my dive master from when I got trained said a number of years ago windy Point on Travis had a problem with jet skiers seeing the dive bouys as a slolom course. The owners of windy point finally got TPWD to come watch and a few citations fixed the problem. No ne ever got hurt. Neptune.... I wish we had the same thing in Texas. There are plenty of people who would love requiring a boater safety course before you can drive a boat or jet ski. Right now if you got the bucks you can own/operate a pleasure craft. With the exceptions of minors... minors now have to undergo training and have parental supervision to operate a boat or jet ski

Tom

Back
Top Bottom