Dive Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icemyst7

Reaction score
I am taking the Naui dive course and I am having trouble understanding the dive tables. Is there anywhere on-line or someone that can make it simple to understand? :confused:

Originally posted by Walter
Stacy,

What part of the tables are giving you trouble?

DSSW,

WWW™

I am have problems with table three the RNT. I just don't get it.

Just remember RAT. The R stands for the nitrogen REMAINING in your body from previous dives. The A is for the time you will ACTUALLY be in the water this dive, T is the TOTAL of that. You look up the total on table one, as if it were a first dive. This gives you your new No decompression limit and your new dive letter group. Which table are you using?

Oops, I see now. Sorry. The NAUI table. OK, here is an example. You dive to 60feet for 20 minutes. This puts you at dive letter group D. You wait 1 hour and 15 minutes, which now puts you in group C. You dive to 60 feet. R- is the blue number- 17. You will dive for 30 minutes, that is your A. 30 plus 17 is 47. On table 1, the limit for 60 feet is 55 minutes. 47 minutes puts you in group H. Did you follow? If not, email is ernie@fldiving.com send me a note and I will help.

Back
Top Bottom