dive suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shawna

New
Reaction score
I just bought a new 5/4 full dive suit. We are diving in the Mayan Riviera in Feb.. Will I be to warm in this, or should it be OK. I am fairly new at diving. I used a 3mm shorty in Cuba last year and was cold. Any info you might have would be great. Thanks Shawna

You should be fine in a 5/4 suit. The water temperature should be somewhere around 74-76 degrees.

I wear a 3mm farmer john in Hawaii (similar water temperature), and I'm plenty warm.

Course.... 75 degree water in Hawaii is a lot warmer than the 40 degree water in Valdez, AK, or the 55 degree water in Newport, Oregon.

-Brandon.

-Brandon.

You might be a little warm on the boat but you will be perfectly happy in the water. You might even appreciate it if you dive more than 3-4 days in a row. I usually wear a 3mm just about anywhere down there but I know others, like my gf, appreciate a little thicker suit by the end of the week.

If you get warm on the boat, wear it around your waist and throw some water in it.

Back
Top Bottom