Dive Sites in North Central Washington?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimisurf

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the opportunity to spend a weekend, for free no less (it's a work thing), at the Sun Mountain Lodge near Winthrop Washington. There will be a couple of other divers there too. Does anyone know of a lake shore dive(s) in the area? We are all regular ocean (dry suit) divers from Vancouver BC. with good ocean experience, but no freshwater experience.

Suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Jimi

According to my map its a bit of a commute... but.... you cant go wrong with Lake Chelan to the south of Winthrop.

Regards-

jimisurf:
Hello,

I have the opportunity to spend a weekend, for free no less (it's a work thing), at the Sun Mountain Lodge near Winthrop Washington. There will be a couple of other divers there too. Does anyone know of a lake shore dive(s) in the area? We are all regular ocean (dry suit) divers from Vancouver BC. with good ocean experience, but no freshwater experience.

Suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Jimi

If you only have a week-end, my advice is to not think about diving. The closest place I know to dive is Lake Chelan, and that's quite a haul from Sun Mountain Lodge ... on the order of about 75 or 80 miles. There's a small lake close by (Perrigen?), but it's a mudhole, and overrun with ski boats and PWC's.

That area up there is beautiful, but dry. Take your mountain bikes, rent a horse, or just plan a hike. There are plenty of dry-land activities right at the lodge. And if you REALLY want to experience the area, drive up to Washington Pass and take a hike up the Blue Lake trail. It's only about an hour each way, and the mountain scenery is nothing short of spectacular ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom