Dive Sites Eastern Lake Erie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mthelming

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of some good dive sites for wrecks in the Eastern part of Lake Erie (Buffalo). It would help if they are 60' deep or less. Thanks!

Good wrecks in 60' or less??

In Lake Erie, the deeper you go, the better shape the wrecks are in. The shallower wrecks are pretty beat up.

Osprey Charters is the best for Lake Erie diving!!

Also, you can check the dive calendar on Discover Diving's Website They often have charters to some of the shallower wrecks. You might even see me on the boat!! :D

Thanks, I might look into a charter this summer. Although we do have a large boat..big old Hatteras..so we were looking for something we could go to ourselves.

Sometimes there are moorings on some of the shallow wrecks. usually not.

It seems like most times when I DM on trips to the Tonawanda, I have to solo to go find it before the other divers jump in!!

Mthelming:
Thanks, I might look into a charter this summer. Although we do have a large boat..big old Hatteras..so we were looking for something we could go to ourselves.

The Erie Wrecks books contain gps coordinates to most of the wrecks listed. http://www.eriewrecks.com/

There is 5 or 6 wrecks in that deapth range from port colborn(canada ) to buffalo that are in very good shape ie tanawanda in the mouth of the niagara river

Check out www.dansdiveshop.ca they run a charter boat out of port colborn ontario

l

The Benson is near Port Colburn, Canada. It is usually moored. It's a nice little wreck in about 75' (I know, this is deeper than you were asking about). It is very silty, so it may not be a good dive for some (depending on their kicking style)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom