Dive sites and operations ambergris caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiawata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi diving fellows,

I am going (if this omicron will not shut down flights) to Ambergris Caye in a week. I have been there many times but all these trips were 10-15 years ago. I will appreciate a recent info on dive sites and operations.

Regards and happy bubbles.

I have experience with Ambergris Divers, Ramon's, and Scuba School Belize.

I thought all were excellent. Ramon's by far had the best facilities/equipment.

SSB had a really nice personal touch, but facilities/boats weren't that great. I should note, they don't chum, and for some folks that is a huge positive, for others not.

Most dive sites are 5 mins out, and I would trust the guides who dive there a lot regarding there choice of sites. Most are fairly similar, though may have some differing critters about. Some are sharkier than others for example.

It may be worth heading out to Turneffe for a day. Lots more fishies, and the reef is relatively unspoiled. My wife compared our dives out there to the beginning sequence of "Finding Nemo." It is about an hour and a half out from Ambergris Caye, but worthwhile imho. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom