Dive site maps in Houston area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L8diver

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might be able to find dive site maps of dive sites within a 100 mile radius of Houston?

Scuba shops. That's what our's does.

No, but there isn't much with 100 miles. Depends on what you consider dive sites. :D Water deep enough to dive in is one thing. Organized dive sites with ammenities like restrooms and air stations is another. Twin Lakes is about 40 miles south of Houston, off Hwy 6 in Manvel. Blue Lagoon in Huntsville is about 120 miles north.

Maybe one of our web master will put together such a map for the Swampers website when it gets up and running.

Archman - what shop is that, and is Aggieland still considered College Station?

Thanks!

L8diver:
Archman - what shop is that, and is Aggieland still considered College Station?
Thanks!

PM sent.

L8diver:
Does anyone know where I might be able to find dive site maps of dive sites within a 100 mile radius of Houston?
I just bought the diving and snorkeling guide to texas to see what is out there and there quite a few dive sites around such as blue lagoon in huntsville texas and lake travis in austin.. the flowers gardens is the most popular. funny thing is alot of the swampers go to twin lakes and its not in the guide ?

orca125:
I just bought the diving and snorkeling guide to texas to see what is out there and there quite a few dive sites around such as blue lagoon in huntsville texas and lake travis in austin.. the flowers gardens is the most popular. funny thing is alot of the swampers go to twin lakes and its not in the guide ?

I don't think Twin Lakes was developed as a dive site until after that book was out.

Tx.lakerats will be working on a dive site map for our TSD website soon. She'll be asking for site info soon so I hope you'll all help with the info needed.

orca125:

That book is WAY out of date. For instance, they have pictures of fish in both Blue Lagoon and Athens Scuba Park, when neither place has had marine life in years. I'm sure Twin Lakes was non-existent (at least from a diving standpoint) when the book was published. Same with Clear Springs.

That book is very misleading! None of the sites I've been to in the book are anything like it. It's good for directions to get places but I much prefer the reports and reviews from folks here on the board!

Back
Top Bottom