• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Dive Shops with English Language Services

Discussion in 'South Korea' started by joshua.d.vise, Dec 5, 2019.

1. joshua.d.vise

joshua.d.vise Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Here is a thread to list any dive shops you have had experiences with, or who offer English language information on their websites. In the interest of full disclosure, please state if you work for the place you are listing. I hope that this thread can be something of a directory, so if offering a detailed review, please post in a new thread, especially if being critical.

scuba_divo and drk5036 like this.
  2. joshua.d.vise

joshua.d.vise Angel Fish

This is a repost from a different forum, and was originally written by @BusanScuba :

We would love to invite you to join our community of divers in Busan, South Korea, whether you live, work, or are just traveling for vacation.

About Us: Busan Scuba is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center that opened in 2003. We specialize in training from Open Water through Instructor and Tech in English, as well as Korean. We have recently purchased a new facility, and built a 4 meter indoor heated pool for training purposes, and hope to complete the classrooms and retail space in the near future. Most of our Open Water training is completed on the island of Yeongdo near Taejongdae Park in Busan.

Locations: Each year, we host various events and Fun Diving throughout the Eastern coast of South Korea. Places we like to Fun Dive and what you will be able to see are as follows:

- Pohang: Fish Cubes, Fish Cage (no fish are harmed and was built as a man-made structure so as to provide protection for the smaller sea-life), and Natural Reef.

- Yeondeok: 3 different shipwrecks, a Large Crab Statue that you can go under and around, Buddha Statue, and Natural Reef.

- Taejongdae: Beach Dives, Fun Dives, Training Dives, Beach Clean Up events, and during October, we like to host and Underwater Pumpkin Carving event.

Season and Conditions: The wet suit season is from May through November (18c~20c), though July through early October can reach 25c~28c, and then it's time to pull out the Dry Suits.

If you would like more information or want to book a course, or Fun Dive, please feel free to contact us here or any other of the following methods:
    - Facebook Page: Busan Scuba
    - email 1: mlavier@gmail.com
    - email 2: divemania@hanmail.net

Also, you can follow this forum here at Korea Sub-Forum for Korean community dive information as well.

Best Regards,
    Busan Scuba

scuba_divo likes this.
  3. scuba_divo

scuba_divo Angel Fish

I did communicate with NB Divers in Seoul (although I haven’t dived with them yet). They have English on their website and at least basic communications in English for those seeking a dive organization out of Seoul. I just confirmed that they also offer English courses!

138-862 Seoul Songpagu Jamsil 195-5 Daejin Building 2 Floor
    Ph: (02) 423 6264
    Email: mail@nbdivers.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nbdivers
    Naver: http://cafe.naver.com/nbdivers2015

joshua.d.vise likes this.
  4. scuba_divo

scuba_divo Angel Fish

Several years ago there were 4 English language service providers. Unfortunately, all but Sea World Dive Centre (Busan Scuba) have ceased to operate in Korea. Deep Blue Quest has moved to Palau, and Big Blue 33 is under Korean management. I believe Ralf, the former owner, is now setting up a liveaboard service in Indonesia. Websites for Aquatic Frontier have shut down.

Also, Jen & Joleen are no longer at Sea World Dive Centre. Contact Matt Lavier via the Busan Scuba Facebook page or messenger. See details above.

Also, see above, I just confirmed via FB messenger that NB Divers, based in Jamsil, Seoul, offers English language PADI courses.

joshua.d.vise likes this.