Dive Shops/Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PrISM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm just looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for me as far as dive shops and finding an instructor goes in Tampa Bay. I'm brand new so I'm looking to get started on getting certified. Thanks!

Welcome to Scuba diving! I took my Nitrox course at Adventures Under the Sea [PADI] which is a little dive shop off on Henderson Blvd. The staff were friendly and the instructor knew how to explain things for all of the students. If you don't mind a little drive across the bay, I like Bill Jacksons too [get all of my tank rentals there and the stores also interesting just to walk around in]. They are a NAUI group.

Since I am from St. Pete, my knowledge of Tampa shops is limited so hopefully some other people will post that know more.

Have fun diving!:cool2:

Thanks for those two suggestions. I'm from St Pete as well but don't mind going across the bay if I need to.

DiveBandit here on the boards is an awesome Instructor, as is Bob on these boards, and I also highly recommend Narcosis Scuba in Tarpon Springs.

Last edited:
Divebandit is my current instructer for aow. I strongly recommend him. I credit him with the confidence that I have gained in the couple of months that I've been dealing with him, that I did not get in my first 2 years of diving.:bounce4:

in the carrollwood area, there is diver's supply on gun hwy. they have great prices and some very good instructors. thats were my fiance and i go and where she got certified.

open a phone book and talk to each instructor, a weekend warrior course is more of a pain because they are in more of a rush. See how many dives they do in the course and how well they convey the info to you. some instructors are very technical and others are as simple as dont to this it will kill you or hurt your badly. I would recommend checking mostly in the places you have heard things from other advanced divers about. It kinda depends on how far you potentially will go with diving someone that dumbs everything down to this will kill you and this will hurt you may be perfect but if you really want to start exploring crazier situations someone more tech oriented will be better also look for instructors with multiple certifications from different orientations because they are more likely to explain things with the book and slightly different from the book so a better likelyness of it clicking with you. Its about finding the instructor that will make you feel safe and can explain th more technical stuff to your understanding the best

I concur with Narcosis. Although I think that the instructors that I knew there are no longer around. Joyce is a really good person and cares about peoples safety, I am sure she has great people there now even tho I do not know them. Don't get scared of Her prices. it includes everything no aditional cost ( other the the gear you need for your OW dives snorkel mask fins ect.) Her prices include pool time OW dives and at least 1 boat trip tanks and snacks included.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom