Dive Shops in Somerset, NJ area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelp68

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My father-in-law just moved into a new house in Somerset, NJ.

When I visit him in 2 1/2 weeks, I might take him to Dutch Springs. Our plan will be for him to build his comfort and confidence by practicing some skills.

He's OW certified and owns most of his gear. He does not own a thick wetsuit, tanks or weights.

So, I'm interested in the names and contact information for dive shops near Somerset that people respect and consider to be quality shops.

If you wouldn't mind passing on recommendations of good dive shops near him, and why you like them, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Michael

Down in Avalon, NJ is a place called Wetsuit World, the owners name is Dow. He is the outlet for Henderson wetsuits. Got a 7mm 2 piece gold core for 375(i think don't quote me) and my wife got a 5mm gold core for 100 bucks. The deal is all the custom jobs that Henderson does and don't get picked up or whatever, this guy get and sells cheap. Also carries the regular line at great prices as well.
Now he just sells wetsuits so if your looking for any other dive stuff he's teh wrong place but if need a wetsuit he is the man. I drive down from NY to get all my wetsuit needs from him.

You might also want to consider Treasure Cove Divers in Westfield. Their web site is not very compelling, but their immediate and personal attention has made me a loyal customer of theirs.

http://www.treasurecovedivers.com/

They are also an exceptional training facility (Instructor Trainers through Trimix and even rebreather). Tell them Andrew and Micki sent you, and you might get a discount as well.

I'm up at Dutch every weekend with them, so swing by the Student Area (we set up camp there) and look for the sea of yellow-shirted Treasure Cove divers and say hello.

Good luck.
-Andrew

Everyone who responded, thank you for the information. It's appreciated.

Andrew, I'll keep my eye out for you when we get over to Dutch in a couple weeks.

Michael

East Coast Diving Service is located in Morganville. It is a nice little shop run by two very knowledgably people (Cookie and Bill). Their phone number is 732-591-9374. I got my OW and AOW with them.

Welcome to NJ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom