Dive shops in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

code4cell

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to Cozumel in the end of August. I am a certified diver. My girlfriend will be doing her open water referall in Cozumel. We are staying at the Cozumel Palace. Can anyone recommend a really good dive shop near by? Thanks in advance....Chris

I'm sure you'll get a lot of different replies, but I can personally recommend Blue XT~Sea. Just be sure to contact them ASAP to reserver space (if it is available). Christi and at least one of her DM's are PADI instructors and they are very flexible in terms of dealing with divers of varying experience levels.

aqua safari is the on site shop and they are more than able to do referals etc. Very safety aware shop with over 30 plus years doing business on Cozumel.

I can also recommend Blue XT~Sea. They were wonderful and if I remember correctly, the office isn't too far from Cozumel Palace.

I dove with Sand Dollar Sports back in October and was thrilled with them. Did three dives a day and the boats had about 12 people each time. Was very happy with them.

J.

J75:
I dove with Sand Dollar Sports back in October and was thrilled with them. Did three dives a day and the boats had about 12 people each time. Was very happy with them.

J.

Thanks for the reply.....Do you remember if it was close to Cozumel Palace?

code4cell:
Thanks for the reply.....Do you remember if it was close to Cozumel Palace?

I don't remember how far exactlly, but I know that many of the Cozumel hotels have their own docks, and that often you can arrange for the shops to come pick you up at your hotel. Everything in Coz is relatively "close" to everything else. SDS is located out by the Reef Club, which is about a 10 minute cab ride from the center of town.

J.

Yes, Christi's office, (Blue XT Sea), is close to the Cozumel Palace. from what I understand it is just accross the street from Chedraui (sp?) to the north and the Cozumel Palace is just accross the street fro Chedraui to the west so it is definately withing walking distance.

I would recommend either her or Dive with Martin, I use Martin myself and have for several years now and Christi's op is very highly thought of and recommended by both divers here on the board and local merchants alike. Either one would be a good, safe choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom