Dive Shop POS Software Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it microsoft access then there should be a ton of information you can access. Just hopefully they coded the fields correctly. I wrote a MS database for s staffing company with over 20k employee records and 5000 client records. The reports you can run or searched are only limited to how the fields were set up and the programmer writing them. I would think you could find a local programmer to tweak it for you.

A new product for dive shops to consider is Dive Centre HQ - its a web-based software-as-a-service package run in the cloud.

Point of sale, accommodation and servicing modules will be available by june/july this year, so in a few months, it will rival EVE and all other products on the market.

To give you an indication of pricing, it's a monthly cost with no term contracts, so you simply pay and go.

Of course, I'd be biased towards it considering our parent company created Dive Centre HQ, but reading this thread I thought i'd chip in.

If anyone wants to discuss the product, I'd be more than happy to discuss pros and cons etc. We also exhibited at OzTek 2011 in Sydney and will be working with major dive agencies and equipment manufacturers in further developing our software.

All the best
André

Andre I just test drove your software and it is very nice, clean, and easy to use. However I did not see anything relating to Inventory Management which for me needs to include barcoding, barcode printing, and inventory management. Is this on the horizon?

Thank you
Mike

I haven't the luck of working in a shop w/ a good software POS (2 still used/using cash registers, 1 POS had a gas pump feature :shakehead:)

I haven't used this or seen it used yet, but this is recently released:
http://www.encompossoftware.com/scuba2010.html
I
t's supposed to work in conjunction with Scubaocity, the online dive booking software.
A couple of local shops have gone to these. PM me for contact info if you want to chat with/feedback from some actual users.

Saw Retailware at DEMA, same folks that used to do Scubaware. I don't know a thing about it, supposed to be one of those cloud type programs. Anyone see this?

Yes I spent quite a bit of time with Don and Steve at their booth (Retailware). I have been demoing their software (cloud based) since I got back last friday. It is very good and has pretty much everything you could ask. Inventory Management, touch screen friendly, Customer Management, Trip Management, Integration w/ Quickbooks.

I haven't the luck of working in a shop w/ a good software POS (2 still used/using cash registers, 1 POS had a gas pump feature :shakehead:)

I haven't used this or seen it used yet, but this is recently released:
http://www.encompossoftware.com/scuba2010.html
I
t's supposed to work in conjunction with Scubaocity, the online dive booking software.
A couple of local shops have gone to these. PM me for contact info if you want to chat with/feedback from some actual users.

Thanks mselenaous about mentioning our software.

We do integrate with EncomPos Retail now so anything you do within Scubocity or EncomPos are synced between the two. Lets say you have a class or trip. This is posted on your online calendar where a customer can their book that trip online. Once booked their reservation is automatically syned with EncomPos Retail Scuba Calendar on your point of sale. The customers information is on the manifest for that class or trip where all you have to do is bring up the calendar click "PAY" next to their name and take their money. If you'd like to set Scubaocity to accept the payment at time of booking you can do that as well.

Ever been away from the office and would like to see what's going on. It's simple to just log into Scubocity's Back-End Office Manager and get see what's happening, book a customer, or post a note for the employees to see. It's a real time saver.

Here is a little more about our software and what it can do.

Back-End Office Manager
This password protected area is accessible via a web browser from any computer, smartphone, or tablet connect to the internet. From here you will be able to manage all aspects of your day to day dive schedule.

On-Line Calendar
A calendar showing your scheduled activities is automatically created from the information entered in the Back-End Manager. Customers have access to see your current schedule that is made active, log into their account to book a dive with you or see their personal dive log.
Here's a link to a Guest Database Calendar

In the Back-End Manager you can submit dive conditions for dives completed and that information is also shown on the calendar giving customers a history of dive conditions of the sites you dive. This also can be post automatically in your FaceBook account.

REAL-TIME Dive Search
scubaocity_search50.jpg

This web application can be viewed on a mobile device which has internet access, but can be viewed and searched on a computer. It provides customers with searching capabilities of all the dive shops listed with Scubaocity. The search can be ranged between two dates and limited to one dive shop. Seats available and a booking link are provided so the customer could book their dive directly with your shop.

We also have other tools for your business that might interest you.

Point Of Sale (EncomPos)
Scubaocity interfaces directly with EncomPos where customer and dive schedule information is synced between the two systems. This is very handy at checkout time. EncomPos also all the standard features a POS should have, Inventory Control, Quickbook Intergration, Trip Management but also has functions specifically designed for the dive industry. One such item is Dive Trip or Air Cards. Your customer can purchase either and it tracks the number they have used.

EnCart
Ever thought about having an eCommerce store? With EnCart you can do just that, but that's not all it does. With our unique syncing software it also can interface with EncomPos point of sale system enabling you to identify, push to website, and receive orders all without ever having to log into the website. Another great feature of this system if linked with EncomPos is that it keep current quantity on hand inventories of product listed on the web.

Each one of the systems Scubaocity, EncomPos, or EnCart can be run independently or linked together. This gives you the ability to pick which systems would best fit the needs of your business.

If you'd like a demo or more information on the products we offer, please visit our website or email us at info@scubaocity.com

POS computer dieing, can I copy Dive Shop Express folders over to new PC and it work or does it need to be installed? Do not have install disks as this POS sale PC is at least 10 years old. Any help PLEASE!

I know it's late to the thread, but Visible Divers just released a Point of Sale. Has layaway, online scheduler, student manager, notifications, lots of stuff. And it's all online so you can use any kind of computer or tablet. It's really easy and fast to use. https://www.visibledivers.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom