Dive Rite vs. Salvo, et al.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdshort

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know Salvo lights are pretty popular here, but since my LDS is a Dive Rite dealer, I was wondering how their lights hold up against Salvo and the other brands that everyone here seems to love.

From my experience with both brands, the Salvo's are brighter (in the same wattage), and are built with better materials. I've also used the Sartek, and hte GreenForce, and both compared favorably against the Dive Rite.

This is not to say the Dive Rite is a bad light. It's a good light. I just feel like the others have a bit of a gap on it.

I have DR 10 and 24 watt HIDs. Love 'em both.
Rick

This is what I recall from my research on the subject... DR uses the "more fragile" HID system, and Salvo uses the "less fragile" system. I believe that was the case in the 10W models, anyway.

I chose Salvo and have been very happy. The company has great service too.

It's totally anecdotal, but my one buddy who uses DR lights has had them in the shop several times since I met him. Nobody I know who has a Salvo has had to send it back for anything, although we've replaced latches and rewired the Anderson connectors.

Back
Top Bottom