Dive Rite vs. Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just kidding, I'm glad he doesn't plug his product, at all in fact. Really shows how good it is.

As for the halcyon spammer, I don't think they would last long here. Too many loose tongues...just the way I like it.

mike

I strongly suggest that you try out a backplate, at least in a pool, before you buy one. They feel very different from jackets, conventional back inflate BC's or even the tech oriented harness BC's like the Transpac 2.

works well, has quality construction, and I've received good service when dealing with the mfg. Nothing negative to report so far...

I much prefer it over the Zeagle back-inflate BC I had previously and was able to drop several pounds of wt in the changeover.

The dive partner prefers her Pioneer 27 to her old stab jackets, primarily because of the crotch strap feature.

I've got both Halcyon and FredT BP's. They're both great. Save some money and buy the FredT.

The wing, on the other hand is a no brainer. The Halcyon 36 is what I use for singles. The quality is outstanding and the customer service is second to none.

Yes, BP/Wings is the way to go. Do try to test them out first though.

As for wings, Halcyon seems to be the top choice. I'm ordering one for Christmas based on all the positive comments and the top notch construction.

I would either get a Halcyon Pioneer package or just get the wing and buy a FredT plate. I have a FredT plate and like it a lot.

If I had it to do over again, I would have just ordered a Halcyon Pioneer setup because it would have been simpler than getting everything separately even though it is a bit more expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom