Dive rite thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody have opinions (good or bad) on the h-10 10W Dive rite HID canister light? Does anybody have experience with any of the Dive rite HID lights and if so what was it? Thanks.

Save your money and get a Salvo. They are the shizzit... fo realz

They work exactly as described. The bulbs are fragile and must "warm up" when turned on. In my opinion you should go to a LED. The new LED technoligy is amazing.

I will second the get the Salvo I have 2 and love them and they seem to be much more robust that the DR.

-So, does anybody have a recommended LED to replace an HID?

-Does anybody have a good source for Salvo? Can't see $800 for a 10w hid.

We have 2 DR 10watt Hid Slimline canister lights in our family. No problems at all. From Alaskan waters in below 40 degree temps to tropical 80+ temps. Travel everywhere with them and hubby even fell while wearing his in a set of doubles. Left a nice deep bruise on his side but no damage to the bulb. They aren't that fragile when a 200 lb guy with 100+ lbs of gear can fall on it and it and only cause minor damage to the plastic.

I did perhaps 400 dives with a Dive Rite slim-line 10W HID. Great light, fantastic customer
service from Dive Rite. Went thru two bulbs. My wife uses it now when she's not driving
her camera.

My birthday present last year was a Salvo 21W HID. Love the light.

FWIW -

I did perhaps 400 dives with a Dive Rite slim-line 10W HID. Great light, fantastic customer
service from Dive Rite. Went thru two bulbs. My wife uses it now when she's not driving
her camera.

My birthday present last year was a Salvo 21W HID. Love the light.

FWIW -

Cool. Thanks again to all for your opinions. I think that I am probably going to go with the DR 10w for now, based on the diving available here. I am working with somebody right now on a used Salvo 21w (2 dives). If I can get a favorable deal there then that will be my route, but if not then I believe the DR will do it for now. Thanks again to all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom