Dive Rite Tech Buttplate on a Deep Sea Supply Backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

torontodiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I am wondering if I can bolt a Dive Rite Tech Buttplate onto a Deep Sea Supply Backplate. If you're curious, this is to sidemount stage bottles.

The bottom two holes on the backplate are spaced 7.5" inches apart.

I need to know if this lines up with the grommets on the Tech Buttplate.

Thanks!

---------- Post added March 31st, 2014 at 08:14 PM ----------

I'm learning... It looks like the waist strap just gets fed through the webbing loops on the buttplate.
As seen here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...-weight-systems/329290-buttplate-halcyon.html

Hi, I am wondering if I can bolt a Dive Rite Tech Buttplate onto a Deep Sea Supply Backplate. The bottom two holes on the backplate are spaced 7.5" inches apart. I need to know if this lines up with the grommets on the Tech Buttplate.
The holes on the Tech Buttplate won't line up with the BP. They are 7" OC apart, rather than 7.5".

And, the ideal, as you have already learned, is to thread the BP waist strap through the two webbing loops at the top of the buttplate. FYI, the space between the inner sides of the webbing loops is 8". If the base of the backplate is that wide or wider than that, it probably won't be a good fit.

Thanks for the replies gents. Plan B is to use small quick links to attach the buttplate to the backplate, forming a loop through the bottom holes and grommets. The thought is that the crotch strap will stabilize the buttplate under water. I'll play around with it and let you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom